** Please see facebook events for the ticket link **
We understand that parents of toddlers still need support during this COVID-19 pandemic and this is why we have made our Thursday walks a toddler friendly 'Toddle & Talk'. We will take it slow, walking a smaller distance whilst your toddlers run, walk, bike or scoot along with you. We we be stopping to jump in puddles and throw sticks! Siblings in buggies or slings are very welcome too.
If you don't mind taking things slowly and you only have a baby in a pram or sling, please still come along and watch the toddler fun whilst meeting other parents.
Our walks are volunteer-led and COVID risk assessed, running under government guidance allowing us to provide support to parents by helping to prevent isolation and low mental health during the pandemic. Come along to meet and chat to other parents and volunteers (who are all experienced parents and available to listen and offer impartial advice and guidance).
We have permission for a larger group size, but numbers are strictly managed to meet all of the required guidelines. Please make sure you book a space for yourself AND any babies/children by following the links given in the discussion/comments section of the facebook event page for the event.
Once you have confirmed your place on the walk you will receive an email containing further information about the walk. This will include where we are meeting, how to recognise our volunteers and guidance to help keep you and our volunteers safe.
• Mix of Concrete / Gravel / mud paths (potentially very muddy with large puddles)
• Duration up to 1 hour. You are very welcome to leave early if you wish/need to. Just inform volunteer Walk leader.
• There are no toilets or cafes at this walk location.
• Dog walkers very likely
• No seating available
• Farmers fields and streams
* Top of Luckley Road Under railway bridge at cross road by gates (RG41 2EN) exact location:
* Meet volunteer wearing green NCT name badges / Green lanyard / Green sash / Green Jacket / Yellow high viz
* Meet up to 15 mins before start time (e.g 10:15am for 10:30am start)
* For queries & cancellations email Carly the branch coordinator at Wokingham@nct.org.uk or e-mail Wokingham NCT Facebook
* If you would like to volunteer to run a walk contact Carly at Wokingham@nct.org.uk or Wokingham NCT Facebook page.
*We will wait up to 10 minutes for any late arrivals. We will attempt to contact you before leaving.
• Free on road carparking along Luckley Road (RG41 2EN) and Tangley Drive (RG41 2NY)
• Please do not block any residents driveways or park illegally.
**We must ask that you do not try to join the walk if you have not booked a space**
Please do not attend the walk if you are shielding, symptomatic or in a period of self-isolation.
If you have any questions, please contact Carly and Wokingham@nct.org.uk