Brighton & Hove NCT has teamed up with the British Red Cross to offer you the chance to learn vital first aid skills that could one day save your child's life.
The 2.5 hour session covers first aid techniques for babies under 1, and children aged 1-12. This includes dealing with: an unconscious baby or child (breathing or not breathing), choking, bleeding, burns, meningitis and raised temperatures. Courses cost £25 for one person or £45 if you attend as a couple. Discounts are available for under 18s, students under 22, council tax/housing benefit claimants, employment support allowance recipients, working tax credit claimants or parents with a yearly household income of less than £15 000.
- Open to all - NCT Members and Non Members
- Suitable for parents, expectant parents, grandparents or others who care for a baby or young child
- Babies under 6 months can be brought to the session
- No creche available for babies 6+ months but a couple booking one morning place + one afternoon place on the same day attracts the couple's discount (i.e £45 instead of 2 x £25)
- British Red Cross Training Centre, Unit 1A St Joseph's Business Park, St Joseph's Close, Hove, East Sussex, BN3 7ES
- Close to Aldrington Station
- No parking on-site but available in nearby streets
- Buses 5, 5A & 5B to Hangleton stop 5 minutes' walk away (alight 'Hove Park Tavern')
- Booking in advance essential (links to book are below)
- For more information contact Nicky by email or call 0208 752 9105
- Future dates listed under 'upcoming events' section on our Facebook page & events search on this site
Our Next Training Sessions (click on link to book & pay on-line)