Volunteers, parents and expectant parents just like you, run our branch. You don’t need to take on huge tasks, just commit whatever time you can using your experience and skills or learn something new. It is a great way to learn new skills, make new friends, and support the charity. Get in touch and get involved.
We always welcome new volunteers to keep the branch running and help us continue to run our local activities, and to raise money to support NCT's national activities (such as training antenatal teachers and breastfeeding counsellors, running the Early Pregnancy and Breastfeeding Lines etc).
Opportunities this month
- Help out on a Tuesday morning at Bumps, Babies & Little Bees - serving refreshments, setting up or clearing away.
- Facebook & Twitter savvy? Join our team as social media coordinator - could work well as jobshare.
- Become a Breastfeeding Welcome ambassador and visit local venues to encourage them to register. To find out more, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Breastfeeding? Could you be a milk bank donor? Visit our Milk Bank page to find out more.
- Support other parents by sharing your experiences - volunteer for NCT’s Shared Experiences helpline. If your experience of pregnancy, birth or early parenthood was challenging, you can talk about what happened to you without getting upset and have good listening skills, we’d love to hear from you.
Want to find out more?
- Are you a born organiser? Love chatting to new Mums? Have great admin skills? Enjoy writing or research? Facebook or Twitter savvy? Or perhaps you want to develop some new skills?
- For an informal chat, feel free to ring our General Enquiries number on 0844 243 6064 or come along to our next team meeting (see Events).
Want to campaign for change?
NCT Active is how you can get involved with campaigning for change and improvement to services for parents in the UK. NCT Active now has more than 1000 members and is growing stronger each month. To be at our strongest, we need to keep recruiting new members.