Members of the NCT in Tower Hamlets, parents and expectant parents just like you, run our branch. You don’t need to take on huge tasks, just commit whatever time you can or your previous experience and skills. It is a great way to learn new skills, make new friends, and represent the NCT. Get in touch and get involved!
Got skills you'd like to offer?
Some low-commitment but highly valued and ongoing suggestions:
* Fundraising Coordinator - To help coordinate the branch advertising
* Baby First Aid Coordinator - to help coordinate the monthly baby first aid sessions.
* Coffee morning host - Either at your home or at a local cafe
* Parents-to-be Evening host - once every couple of months at Browns, West India Quay. Do your bit for the community by having a glass of wine and giving parents-to-be the lowdown of life in Tower Hamlets
* Maternity Services Campaigners - we are wanting to get involved in the Sure Start campaign and are involved in campaigning for local improvements in maternity services. Can you write a letter or attend a consultation meeting?
* General Helper at events - we always need people to help at things like our Nearly New Sales and want to try 'swishing' later in the year. Interested? Get in touch.
* Writer - writing your birth story or an article for the newsletter. No contibution too small.
* Local Informers - email us about a good event or playgroup you have found out about. Share it on the Yahoo group or tell us about it as we are trying to compile a weekly listings guide.
* Flyer/Poster/advertisting distribution. - can you help raise our profile by distributing marketing and informational materials at high visibility locations around the borough?
Contact us by e-mail if you see anything above that tickles your fancy: Coordinator.Towerhamlets@nct.org.uk. Also contact us if you are looking for an opportunity to volunteer that is not listed above, if you have skills or interest areas that you think could make a good contribution to the branch. There is a role with your name on it!