Volunteering for the Branch
Volunteers, parents and expectant parents just like you, run our branch. You don't need to take on huge tasks, just commit whatever time you can to share your experience and skills. It is a great way to learn new skills, make new friends and represent the NCT. Get in touch and get involved!
- Join the Branch Team
- Write an article for our newsletter
- Be a helper at one of our events
- Train to be a Breastfeeding Counsellor, Postnatal Group Leader or Antenatal Teacher
- Become an agent for one of our other services
Contact us to find out more about how you can get involved in the branch, help other parents, learn new skills or train with the NCT.
Being part of the NCT means different things to different people. For some of us it is about accessing local support groups and events, for others it's about being part of an organisation whose political voice influences and drives change on a nationwide scale.
Whatever your personal reasons, being a member of the NCT gives you the chance to access and support:
- Antenatal classes
- Breastfeeding Counsellors
- A national organisation, campaigning on a wide range of issues impacting parents in the UK today
- Information and support through a variety of sources, including telephone helplines, outreach facilities and dedicated support groups
Locally we support experienced parents, new parents and parents to be through:
- Regular social events
- Baby and infant first aid courses
- Personal Development workshops
- Nearly New Sales
Your work in building and extending the local NCT network is invaluable and we ask that you continue to support the charity through continued active participation in and accessing of the events/services provided. Through building the network and growing local branches, we can provide support to more parents and allow them to benefit from the NCT framework.