Barrett & Coe is one of the largest photography companies in the country and offers a friendly service combined with modern and relaxed photography.
NCT is delighted to be able to continue its partnership with Barrett & Coe which enables our members and supporters the opportunity to receive a complimentary Family Portrait Gift Experience voucher worth £160! Your voucher entitles you to:
- A one hour family photography session (usually £75)
- A viewing appointment showcasing the images from your session
- One 8” x 6” framed portrait of your choice (usually £85)
To register for this fantastic offer please call 03300 101851
NCT Member testimonial
"A very enjoyable experience with wonderful photos as a result - many thanks!"
Alison from Kingston, NCT customer
These are a few suggestions to help you get the most out of your session with Barrett & Coe:
- Choose outfits for all the family to wear that you feel comfortable in. You may like to co-ordinate and avoid patterns that may clash or date.
- Be prepared to follow the photograher's instruction in order to get those extra special shots and add extra variation to your images.
- Talk about any particular ideas or images you would like captured in advance as a family in order to make your session personal to you.
- Think about any personal items, e.g. a favourite toy or special outfit that you would like to include.
Here are some useful tips to help you with your own photography skills:
- Ensure that the subject(s) of your photograph are the main focus of the frame.
- Observe the rule of thirds - position horizons one third up or down the height of the image, and people one third in from the left or right.
- For a head shot, position the eyes so they're one third down from the top of the image.
- Avoid lots of background so that your subjects are not smaller than they need to be.
- Try to capture happy, natural smiles by making your child laugh as you are taking their photograph.
- Get them to focus on you as having their eyes look straight at the camera will achieve the best results.
- Hands can be awkward to place so always give them something to do. Watch out for 'claws' or 'fists'.
- A burst of colour through clothing or accessories is really eye-catching.
- Choose outfits that they feel comfortable in. You may also like to think about co-ordinating outfits if you have more than one child.
- Add a 'prop' as a point of interest in the shot. This may be a favourite toy.
- Always hold your camera as steady as possible with both hands.
Terms and Conditions
- In the event of a visit to a Barrett & Coe approved and recommended studio the value of the offer may differ.
- Only one £160 session and photograph per family, per year.
- Full family or minimum two generations to take part in session.
- Voucher vaild for three months from date of purchase or issue.
- Cannot be used in conjuction with any other Barrett & Coe offer or promotion.
- The value of the voucher may not be used to purchase images from a previous session.
- Portrait session valued at £75, framed photograph valued at £85, or this value can be used towards the cost of a larger item.
Barrett & Coe approved and recommended studios can be found in the following locations: Aberdeen, Bath, Birmingham, Brighton, Bristol, Cambridge, Cardiff, Chester, Colchester, Coverntry, Devon, Durham, Edinburgh, Epping, Gloucestershire, Guildford, Hastings, Herne Bay, Ipswitch, Kings Lynn, Kingston, Leatherhead, Leeds, Leicester, Liverpool, London, Macclesfield, Manchester, Margate, Market, Harborough, Milton Keynes, Norwich, Nottingham, Peterborough, Plymouth, Reading, Rhyl, Sheffield, Sittingbourne, Somerset, Stafford, Swindon, Taunton, Telford, Tring, Twickenham, Wakefield, Ware, Whitsablel, Wolverhampton