We’re working with Jennis Fitness to help expectant and new mums keep fit and stay active safely.
Dame Jessica Ennis-Hill, a mum of two and Olympic gold medallist, has created the Jennis Fitness app to help expectant and new mums access the same exercise circuits and programmes she used through both her pregnancies.
Designed by Jessica and her physio team, this expert programme gives expectant and new mums confidence and tips to help them exercise, and keep fit in a way that suits their ability and stage of pregnancy or postnatal recovery.
As part of this exciting partnership, NCT members will also get exclusive access to taster workouts specially designed for their trimester or post-birth recovery.
To find out more about NCT membership and join our community of parents to get tailored discounts, offers and support please visit our Membership page.
Full access to the Jennis Fitness app is available through the App Store and Google Play and includes tailored antenatal and postnatal programmes.
The Jennis Fitness app Pregnancy Programme includes::
- Workouts that automatically update to suit your trimester and due date.
- Trimester-specific pregnancy workouts – designed by expert physios to suit your changing body and growing bump.
- Pregnancy ache and cramp-relieving exercises.
- 5-min arm, bum and leg workouts.
- Access to Jess’s team for all your pregnancy fitness questions.
The Jennis Fitness app Postnatal Programme includes:
- Stage 1: Helping you build up your pelvic floor and core muscles after baby is born (including caesarean recovery).
- Stage 2: Helping you develop core control while adding light resistance.
- Stage 3: Postnatal fitness workouts that help you progress to a full fitness programme.
- Access to Jess’s team for all your postnatal fitness questions.
Online support, like the Jennis App, complements our fantastic range of classes and local activities. We offer antenatal and postnatal yoga classes that give you the opportunity to meet other parents, get out and about and ease into exercise.
"Like NCT, I am passionate about giving mums all the support they need to have a great pregnancy and postnatal recovery. Exercise is such an important part of that and so important to mental wellbeing. I want to make the right physical activity easy and accessible to you, plus I want to make sure you have the peace of mind that everything we are doing together is physically beneficial to you and your baby."
"We are proud to work together with Jennis App and support parents in their journey from early pregnancy to parenthood. For many women, a certain level of activity during pregnancy has a positive impact on their health and wellbeing, and can also be beneficial to their baby's health. This will add to the great support on offer to NCT members"