We need you! Join our 2.6 challenge to raise vital funds to support parents.
The coronavirus pandemic is affecting pregnant women and new parents across the UK. This is leading to increased feelings of isolation, anxiety and uncertainty for many families, at a time when support has fallen away and the NHS is under great pressure.
Support when it’s needed
NCT is experiencing a huge surge in demand. Now more than ever, pregnant women and new parents need our support and services.
In just a few weeks:
- Tens of thousands of expectant and new parents have visited our website for information about coronavirus.
- Our volunteers have run 100s of free online activities and events, providing support and reducing isolation for families across the UK.
- Our breastfeeding counsellors have supported hundreds of women with feeding their baby, through our free national Infant Feeding Support Line and by moving their community support online.
- Our antenatal and postnatal practitioners have provided extra support to pregnant women, their partners and new parents, helping them manage the uncertainty and isolation.
We have to be there for parents-to-be and new mums and dads. We can’t let them down when they need us the most. But the pandemic has had a catastrophic effect on our fundraising events, which we rely on heavily to help fund our work.
That’s what the 2.6 Challenge is all about - supporting UK charities, like NCT, to continue their vital services throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
Whether £2.60 or £26 or £260, your fundraising will make an enormous difference.
What do you need to do?
Your fundraising options are endless! You could:
- Run or walk 26 miles over a week or month.
- Host a quiz with 26 of your friends or family or with 26 questions.
- Eat 26 biscuits.
- Dance for 26 minutes.
The more imaginative your idea, the better. Just link your challenge to the number 26 or 2.6. Ask your friends and family to sponsor you or make a suggested donation of £26 to NCT.
And please do share your stories and pictures with us by emailing email@example.com!
Your support means so much to us right now – and to families up and down the UK. Thank you.
Join the challenge
To sign up just head to our JustGiving 2.6 Challenge website.
If you have any questions about the 2.6 Challenge or fundraising for NCT, please email firstname.lastname@example.org