Registration Fee: £100
Minimum Sponsorship: £1500.00
Terms and Conditions
This event is open to those with a disability. All participants are strongly advised to seek medical confirmation of their individual physical and mental capacity to undertake this event.
In applying for an NCT charity place in the above event, you:
- Acknowledge that the event is physically strenuous and demanding, are aware of the nature of the event and of associated medical and physical risks.
- Understand the need to train for the event and to consult your doctor if you have not exercised for some time, and to abide by any advice given.
- Agree that you are physically capable of competing in the event and are solely responsible for your actions and NCT are not responsible for any injury or illness you may suffer as a result of your participation in the event.
- You must be at least 15 years old to take part in this event.
- To ensure that our charity places are used to best possible effect (as determined by NCT), we monitor all applications and reserve the right to revoke any places accordingly.
- If your application for an NCT charity place is not successful, NCT will notify you by email that you have been placed on NCT’s waiting list for our guaranteed places.
- If your application for an NCT charity place is successful, NCT will notify you by email by Mid November 2019.
- If successful, you must pay a non-refundable deposit of £100 to secure your guaranteed charity place. You can pay the deposit either via cheque or bank transfer.
Bank Transfer: Pay to: ’National Childbirth Trust’,
Lloyds TSB, Threadneedle Street, Account number: 02080596 Sort Code: 30-00-09.
Ref: London Marathon
- You are not eligible or entitled to participate in the event until full payment of a £100 non-refundable deposit has been received by NCT. No payment shall be deemed to have been received until NCT has received cleared funds.
- Should you fail to pay the required deposit by 16th November 2019 you risk losing your charity place. For the avoidance of doubt, ensure you pay your deposit within 7 days of receiving a ‘Successful Application’ email.
Fundraising and Payments
- By securing one of our guaranteed places you agree to raise a minimum of £1500 for NCT.
- Should you fail to meet the minimum £1500 sponsorship, you agree to consider an alternative avenue to make up for the shortfall in funds pledged. This can be via undertaking a fundraising venture of your own or a personal donation.
- Funds raised using charity places are not permitted for ring-fencing (when a branch wishes to keep 100% of its surplus from a one off fundraising activity to pay for a specific branch service).
- NCT branch fundraising events such as Nearly New Sales must be banked via NCT’s treasury system and cannot count towards your sponsorship.
- Any existing regular donations that you may make to NCT do not form part of the total raised through sponsorship.
- You must send your sponsorship monies to NCT by the fundraising deadline of 3rd December 2021
- NCT will advise you on the recommended way(s) to pay in your sponsorship. This is to ensure that NCT can easily trace funds that you pay in. NCT cannot be liable for cheques lost in the post or monies paid to NCT in any way other than those that NCT has explicitly recommended.
- The amount that NCT deems to have been raised by you will be the amount that NCT has recognised as having been paid in to its bank account by you through the stipulated payment methods.
- Any monies received by NCT under the Gift Aid scheme (or any other charity tax scheme) do not count towards the total value of the sponsorship raised.
Withdrawal, Cancellations or Alterations
- Entry fees are non-refundable.
- Places are non-transferable.
- You agree that you will notify email@example.com immediately should any medical or physical condition/injury arise prior to the event which is likely to affect your ability to compete.
- Should you have to withdraw for any reason, you should inform firstname.lastname@example.org immediately, send all sponsorship forms and money collected directly to the NCT, and notify your sponsors that you are no longer taking part. Date of receipt of notice will dictate whether or not a deferred place is offered for the following year.
Publicity and Results
- By accepting an NCT charity place in the London Marathon 2021 you consent to the use and reproduction of your name, likeness, appearance and photographs, films and recordings by all means and in all media for the purpose of advertising, publicity and otherwise in relation to the charity marketing of the event (and future events) and/or the promotion of NCT.