Without volunteers who give their time to NCT, we wouldn’t be able to support parents in your local area.
Support when it’s needed
Parents are feeling increasingly isolated, anxious and uncertain due to the coronavirus pandemic. You can help.
As an NCT Walk and talk volunteer you will offer a vital support network to parents in your local area.
Why volunteer with NCT?
Volunteering can have a positive impact on your own mental and physical health.
NCT Walk and talk is a chance to get outside and meet new people. You’ll be helping to offer this to parents when they need it most.
We’re here to support you every step of the way.
Planning your walk
- Choose a route. It could be a walk you know, a walk around a park or perhaps a local footpath.
Check the route
- Fill in our template risk assessment. We can help you with this.
Advertising your walk
- We will help you set up a booking link so you know how many people to expect.
- We'll also help you advertise your walk. Please note all walks must be open to members of the public.
At the start of the walk
- Arrive early to welcome everyone and introduce yourself and NCT.
- Remind parents to stay socially distanced.
On the walk
- Chat to parents and encourage conversation.
- Enjoy the walk!
At the end of the walk
- Thank everyone for coming and let them know how to sign up to other local events.
Find other ways to get involved with NCT.