By becoming an NCT Baby Massage teacher you can help parents communicate with their baby through touch and contribute to their positive mental, physical and emotional wellbeing.
Massaging their baby is one way for mums and dads to connect with their baby, and studies have shown that it may help with:
- Improving bonding and attachment.
- Building confidence in handling baby using positive touch techniques.
- Enabling better communication between parent and baby.
- Improving a baby’s sleep.
- Strengthening a baby’s digestive system and reducing symptoms of wind and constipation.
Becoming an NCT Baby Massage teacher
Our Foundation Degree Birth and Beyond, in collaboration with the University of Worcester, is the only university-accredited qualification which allows you to become a Baby Massage teacher.
Once you’ve completed your training you’ll be part of our specialist team of Baby Massage practitioner helping new parents communicate and connect with their beautiful new baby.
What will I earn?
Before you start your new life as an NCT Baby Massage teacher we want you to be confident it’s the right choice for you – personally, professionally and financially.
Along with the everlasting thanks of countless new parents, you’ll be paid on an hourly basis, varying according to where you work and the experience you build up.
- Exactly how much you earn will depend on the size of the area you choose to work across, plus the length and number of courses you deliver.
- Dependent on experience, outside London the hourly rate for an NCT Baby Massage teacher is between £18.60 and £30.20 an hour. In London, the rate can be between £24.00 and £39.10 an hour.
What will I study?
You will need to be accepted into our Foundation Degree Birth and Beyond and have successfully completed the level 4 modules of the foundation degree course.
You can then choose to undertake the necessary modules at level 5 which will enable you to become a Baby Massage teacher. They are:
- NCT Baby massage.
You can also choose other specialism pathways to complete your foundation degree and practise in those areas as well.
How to apply
For further information, including how to apply, see Foundation Degree Birth and Beyond.