Become an NCT Mother and Baby Yoga teacher and help mothers ease back into exercise after the birth of their baby and safely guide mother and baby to practise yoga together, building their bond through loving touch.
Becoming an NCT Mother and Baby Yoga teacher
Our Foundation Degree Birth and Beyond, in collaboration with the University of Worcester, is the only university-accredited qualification which allows you to become an NCT Mother and Baby oga teacher.
Whether your mums are new to yoga, or reconnecting, your classes will help bring calm and restore their sense of wellbeing – at what can be an anxious time. Once you’ve completed your training you’ll be part of our specialist team of Mother & Baby Yoga practitioners.
Your training will prepare you to support every one of the parents you meet in the very best way for them. You will:
- Be providing a wonderful opportunity for mothers to ease their way back into exercise after the birth of their baby, sharing yoga postures for mother and baby to practice together.
- Introduce mothers to yoga postures that will help to strengthen and tone muscles; especially abdominals, pelvic floor and back.
- You will be encouraging mothers and their babies to find time and space for relaxation.
- Introduce music and rhymes to sessions create a fun and relaxed atmosphere and promote communication.
- Share information with mothers promoting the understanding of their baby’s development.
- Support your clients to form a supportive group; many will remain friends for a long time after their course.
Once qualified you will hold the highly-respected NCT Licence-to-Practise. Plus, you’ll be insured by us and also receive on-going training and development to help keep your knowledge and skills up to date.
What will I earn?
Before you start your new life as an NCT Mother & Baby Yoga practitioner we want you to be confident it’s the right choice for you – personally, professionally and financially.
Along with the everlasting thanks of countless new parents, you’ll be paid on an hourly basis, varying according to where you work and the experience you build up.
- Exactly how much you earn will depend on the size of the area you choose to work across, plus the length and number of courses you deliver.
- Dependent on experience and number of clients coming to your classes, outside London the hourly rate for a Mother & Baby Yoga practitioner is between £18.60 and £30.20 an hour. In London, the rate can be between £24.00 and £39.10 an hour.
What will I study?
You will need to be accepted into our Foundation Degree Birth and Beyond and have successfully completed the level 4 modules of the foundation degree course.
You can choose to undertake the necessary modules at level 5 which will enable you to become a Mother and Baby Yoga teacher. They are:
- NCT Yoga foundations
- NCT Mother and baby yoga.
You can also choose other specialism pathways to complete your foundation degree and practise in those areas as well.
How to apply
For further information, including how to apply, see Foundation Degree Birth and Beyond.