Become an NCT Yoga for Pregnancy teacher and help prepare mothers for labour and the birth of their baby.
Do you know that women attending yoga classes tend to have easier labours and feel more positive postnatally?
Becoming an NCT Yoga for Pregnancy teacher
Our Foundation Degree Birth and Beyond, in collaboration with the University of Worcester, is the only university-accredited qualification which allows you to become an NCT Yoga for Pregnancy teacher.
Once you’ve completed your training you’ll be a key member of our specialist Yoga for Pregnancy teacher team expertly and safely guiding mums-to-be through safe yoga postures and relaxation techniques.
Your training will prepare you to support every one of the parents you meet in the very best way for them. You will:
- Work with women from 12 weeks into their pregnancy up to the birth of their baby.
- Provide a quiet and tranquil space for women to enjoy time-out and to focus on their baby.
- Introduce a variety of yoga poses, preparing mums-to-be for the physical experience of birth in a kinaesthetic way, focusing on positions for labour, breathing and relaxation techniques.
- Encourage women to consider their wishes for birth.
- Provide opportunities for women to share their experiences, ask questions and meet other pregnant mums.
- Share the benefits of yoga for pregnancy - reducing aches and pains, improving posture and body awareness, improving sleep, increasing confidence approaching birth, plus increasing confidence in ability to cope with labour.
Once qualified you will hold the highly-respected NCT Licence-to-Practise. Plus, you’ll be insured by us and also receive on-going training and development to help keep your knowledge and skills up to date.
What will I earn?
Before you start your new life as an NCT Yoga for Pregnancy teacher we want you to be confident it’s the right choice for you – personally, professionally and financially.
Along with the everlasting thanks of countless new parents, you’ll be paid on an hourly basis, varying according to where you work and the experience you build up.
- Exactly how much you earn will depend on the size of the area you choose to work across, plus the length and number of classes you deliver.
- Dependent on experience and client numbers coming to your class, outside London the hourly rate for an NCT Yoga for Pregnancy teacher is between £18.60 and £30.20 an hour. In London, the rate can be between £24.00 and £39.10 an hour.
What will I study?
You will need to be accepted into our Foundation Degree Birth and Beyond and have successfully completed the level 4 modules of the foundation degree course.
You can choose to undertake the necessary modules at level 5 which will enable you to become a Yoga for Pregnancy teacher. They are:
- NCT Yoga foundations
- NCT Yoga for pregnancy.
You can also choose other specialism pathways to complete your foundation degree and practise in those areas as well.
How to apply
For further information, including how to apply, see Foundation Degree Birth and Beyond.