Train to become an NCT Antenatal Practitioner and join our expert team guiding new parents through the most amazing journey of their lives.
Our CertHE NCT Perinatal Education and Practice in collaboration with the University of Worcester, is the only university-accredited qualification which allows you to become an NCT Practitioner to lead our NCT Antenatal courses.
Once qualified you will hold the highly-respected NCT Licence-to-Practise. You’ll be insured by us and also receive free on-going training and assessment to help keep your knowledge and skills up to date.
Your training will equip you to support every one of the expectant parents you meet in the very best way for them. You will:
- Develop a deep knowledge of pregnancy, the physiology of birth, and the needs of newborns and their parents.
- Help expectant parents gain confidence in making the decisions about childbirth, feeding and early parenthood that feels right for them.
- Support your clients to form a supportive group; many will remain friends for a long time after their course.
- Be self-employed so you can choose what antenatal courses to deliver, working just locally or further afield. You'll also be supported by our hassle-free online booking and payment systems.
What will I earn?
Before you start your new life as an NCT Antenatal Practitioner we want you to be confident it’s the right choice for you – personally, professionally and financially.
Along with the everlasting thanks of countless new parents, you’ll be paid on an hourly basis, varying according to where you work and the experience you build up.
- Exactly how much you earn will depend on the size of the area you choose to work across, plus the length and number of courses you deliver.
- For example, in 2016 the average number of antenatal courses that practitioners chose to deliver was 6.3, (average 13.5 hours long); although our busier practitioners typically delivered around 35 NCT courses each.
- Dependent on experience, outside London the hourly rate for an NCT Antenatal teacher is between £18.60 and £30.20 an hour. In London, the rate can be between £24.00 and £39.10 an hour.
How to apply
For further information, including how to apply, see CertHE NCT Perinatal Education and Practice