Getting out and about in the area with your baby
We’ve all heard the advice that it is best to get out of the house every day with a small baby, so we’ve rounded up details of some of the groups run locally. This is not yet a complete list, and, as always, we’d recommend you check times and places before attending a group.
- Witney NCT Bumps and Babies Group - Methodist Church, Wesley Centre, 1000-1130
- Cogglets, 1315-1445, Cogges Church Centre, during term-time, play, arts and crafts, refreshments, and singing.
- Health Visitor Clinic, 0915-1100, Methodist Church, Wesley Centre
- Rhymetime, Witney Library, 1000-1030, for under 5s.
- Cogglets, 1315-1445, Madley Park Hall, during term-time, play, arts and crafts, and refreshments.
- Funky Fridays, 0930-1100, Madley Park Hall, for under 5s.
- Minster Lovell Mother and Toddler Group, Village Hall, for under 4s.
Other free or low-cost local places to visit with your children:
• Oxford Bus Museum in Long Hanborough is open Sundays, Wednesdays, and most bank holidays.
• Millets Farm Centre in Frilford has lots of free activities for the kids
• Cutteslowe Park in north Oxford has two play areas, ducks to feed, miniature golf, lots of space to run around, and a mini steam train running Wednesdays and Saturdays during the summer.
• Minster Lovell Hall and Dovecote are 15th century ruins that border the river Windrush, a short walk from Witney. More free historical places to visit can be found on the English Heritage Website.