Happy Mondays is a playgroup open to all, run by volunteer parents. We're a friendly and welcoming bunch, you don't need to be an NCT member and there is no waiting list. Tea, coffee and biscuits are provided for the adults, and squash, water and snacks for the kids. We have an area for new borns and crawlers as well as lots of toys, train track, dressing up and books for the older children, plus a singsong at the end. Please join our lovely little group and get your week off to a good start!
Mondays 10-11.30am (during school term times)
Bevington Hall, Beckenham Methodist Church, Bromley Road on the corner of Bevington Road, Beckenham, BR3 5JE
£2 per family (Covers hiring and refreshments cost)
Donations are always welcome
- Limited free parking is available on Manor Way BR3 3LN (on Kelsey Park side of road)
- Pay and display car parks operate at Beckenham Green BR3 1AX and at Fairfield Road BR3 3LD (behind Lidl)
- Buses 54, 162, 227, 354 and 367 stop nearby
- Beckenham Junction station and tram are 4mins walk
For more information, contact: email@example.com.
Volunteers always needed...and always gratefully received!!
We need volunteers from 9.30am and we work on a rota basis; all duties are shared equally. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would be interested in taking turns in:
- Set up: putting all the toys out and generally getting the hall ready for 10am opening
- Kitchen duties: prepare the tea urn & lay out coffee, teas, drinks for children, biscuits, snacks & mugs. Collect cups, wash up & tidy away by finishing time
- Door: welcoming everyone, collecting entry fee & ensuring everyone has signed in
- Tidy up: at 11am everyone helps (including the children) to tidy up all toys into boxes. If you’re a fan of the The Cube, you’ll love the challenge of fitting everything into the tiny cupboard, without pulling everything on your head!
- Singing: if you have a sense of humour and don’t take yourself too seriously, we’d love to have you lead the singing! The kids love it and it’s always a giggle, however some of us are shy souls, so if you really, really, really don’t want to lead the nursery rhymes at the end, you don’t have to! Just let us know and it will be duly noted
- Cleaning: ensure that the bins are checked and nothing nasty has been left in them (ie nappies), run a broom over the floor to clear up any squashed biscuits, breadsticks or spillages