The NCT Chelmsford & District Branch run two NCT Nearly New Sales per year: Spring/Summer and Autumn/Winter. These are ideal for grabbing bargains for your new baby, toddlers or teenagers. Also great for selling your unwanted items to help reduce waste going into landfills and for making some extra money.
It is with regret that we have had to cancel our forthcoming sale. With the current situation being what it is, we have decided to take the decision now, to give everyone involved enough notice. We do apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, but we feel it is the best decision for the health and well-being of everyone involved. We are hoping that we will back in 2021 and look forward to seeing you all then.
Please note our new opening times:
Members: 11.45am (On presentation of valid Membership card)
General Public: 12pm
Last Entry: 1.30pm
Entry fee – £2 per adult* / children free
Car Park Arrangements: Please use either the Sherwood Drive, CM1 3DN or Hatfield Grove, CM1 3DF car parks
* If you are a teacher or member of a PTA and wish to shop for resources for your school, pre-school or nursery, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org re free entry.
Bargains galore on high-quality, pre-loved baby, toddler and young children, upto and including teens clothing, toys and equipment, such as prams, highchairs and baby carriers – with up to 75% off the original selling price of most items. You can pay for your goods by cash or by credit/ debit cards with our chip and pin machines!
Our NCT Nearly New Sales are kindly supported by New Hall School, Boreham. New Hall is a top performing independent boarding and day school for girls and boys aged 3-18. The school has a Catholic foundation and ethos, welcoming those of all backgrounds. For more information please see www.newhallschool.co.uk.
Why sell with us?
- At our last sale in October we had over 280 buyers through the doors at our sale, all hungry for bargains on nearly-new baby and kids’ stuff
- You don’t need to have enough stuff to fill a table to sell – you can sell up to 110 items, but on average most sellers put 60 items into our sale and some even fewer!
- You don’t need to ‘man’ a stall…You just drop your items off, we sell them on your behalf (in exchange for a 25% commission) and then you can collect unsold items at the end of the day. However, we do love it when our sellers also volunteer to help at the sale!
- You’re helping a charity that supports local parents – the 25% commission is ploughed back into our support activities like our NCT Baby and Toddler Groups
- You help prevent your used items from going into landfill – so it’s environmentally friendly too!
- It avoids the multiple trips to the post office and listing of items that come with eBaying
- You don’t have to haggle with buyers – you set the price you want for the item
- You receive a single payment into your bank account within 2-4 weeks of the sale
For more information on selling pleasecontact email@example.com
Why volunteer to help at the sale?
- You get the first pick of the amazing bargains on offer during our volunteer pre-sale
- You become involved with a great bunch of volunteers, all helping a charity that supports local parents in their first 1,000 days of parenthood
- We have jobs to suit everyone – sorting and displaying merchandise, tills, refreshments, security, tag sorting - the list goes on. So, Mums, Dads, grandparents and friends alike are all welcome to help out. We have three times slots for helpers: Friday
- It’s a lot of fun!
For more information on volunteering please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why buy at our sale?
- We have 1,000s of amazing bargains on pre-loved baby, toddler and young children’s clothes, toys, books and equipment such as highchairs, prams and nursery items – up to 70% off the RRP
- It’s not a jumble sale… items are checked to ensure they are high quality and like new
- It’s not a car boot sale…the items are laid out like a shop by category, rather than by seller – so you can compare prices and quality of items before buying and you don’t have to haggle with sellers
- You help prevent items from going into landfill – so it’s environmentally friendly too!
- You can pay by cash or using a credit or debit card with our Chip and Pin Machines (50p option admin charge for cards)
- You are donating to a charity that supports local parents in their first 1,000 days of parenthood. From the price you pay 25% is donated by the seller to the NCT.
Promotional opportunities for businesses at the NCT Nearly New Sale
Would you like your business to reach more parents to be and new parents in the Chelmsford & District area? It’s a great opportunity for local businesses, such as activity providers, photographers and sellers of personalised or gift items to promote your business to local parents. Contact email@example.com for more information