Our next Nearly New Sale will be held on Saturday 1st October 2022 at Moira Village Hall!
We're pleased to announce that our next Nearly New Sale will take place on the 1st of October 2022!
Where to find us:
Ashby Road, Moira, Swadlincote, DE12 6DZ
Please note that the information on this page may subject to change at short notice to ensure that we're considering your health and safety as much as possible. We hope that our next sale will run similarly to previous sales before the pandemic, but there may be some changes which we will keep you up to date with.
At our Nearly New Sale, you’ll find everything from nursery and travel equipment, baby wear up to children’s clothes (up to aged 10), through to games, puzzles and toys, DVD’s, books and fancy dress. Whether you’re looking for something for baby or for your growing family there’s bound to be something for you, come and grab a bargain!
Information for Buyers
- Sale runs from 10:00am-12:00pm.
- All buyers must pre-book an entry time slot in advance of arrival and pay the entry fee online.
- Doors open at 10:00am for NCT members (upon production of a valid membership card) and BRAND NEW for this sale, there will be VIP entry for booked members ONLY - this will be £3 per adult.
- Booking for entry will open one month before the sale - keep an eye on our Facebook page for the booking link. We'll also update this page when the booking page goes live.
- Entrance for all other adults will be £1 from 10:15am - FREE entry from 11:30am until we close at 12:00pm.
- Goods will be categorised in areas to make shopping easy.
- We kindly ask that pushchairs remain outside, with baby slings and carriers being most welcome. The sale gets quite busy so this allows for more space in the hall.
- Free parking
- For buyer slot booking, please keep an eye on our Facebook page. For those of you without a Facebook account, you will be able to register here.
Would you like to Sell at our Nearly New Sale?
The Nearly New Sales are a fantastic opportunity for you to sell those items your children have outgrown, thus giving them a new lease of life and clearing the way for new items. Registration for sellers opens on Monday 1st August 2022 via a link posted on this webpage and on our Facebook page here. Selling with us costs £3.00 to register with any proceeds you make being received by BACS 10 days post sale less NCT commission between 25%-30%.
Once registration has been completed you will receive a seller number and using the NCT ticket template located on this page under Related Documents, you will need to price up your items to sell with your seller number and bring these to Moira Village Hall on the day of the sale, collecting any unsold items from 1:45pm
Sellers who sold with us at our sale in March 2022 will receive a link via email in advance for them to register onwards. with the same seller number as they sold with last time. This is in case they have items still labelled and stored from our last sale which they wish to try selling again.
If you are new to selling at our Nearly New Sales please email: NNS.AshbyBurtonAndCoalville@nct.org.uk
Let us know that you are new to selling and we will send you a link to register. You can also pre-book your selling slot here.
Would you like to Help at our Nearly New Sale?
We always need volunteers to help run the sales, without them the sales just wouldn’t happen. We need people to help set up the rooms ready for the sale, help sellers put out their items, help in rooms throughout the sale, sorting unsold items at the end of the sale and getting the hall back in to pre-sale condition, plus many more roles.
Volunteers are needed between 8:00am and 3:00pm on the day and in return you will be able to make your purchases during the pre-sale from 9:30am before buyers come through the door. You will NOT need to pre-book for this unlike our regular buyers. If you have chosen to sell with us as well as volunteer, then your commission will be reduced meaning more money in your pocket!
If you’re interested in volunteering please email NNS.AshbyBurtonAndCoalville@nct.org.uk
We run these events to provide a service for those wishing to make a little money and recycle their no-longer-needed baby/children items to a good home and those who wish to buy good quality items at a less-than-market-value price, whilst also contributing to NCT’s work supporting families in the Ashby, Burton and Coalville area and across the UK.
To find out more visit NCT Nearly New Sales
If you wish to find out more about volunteering within our branch please email AshbyBurtonAndCoalville@nct.org.uk