Many people don’t realise that branch activities are operated by volunteers, usually parents with young children, who want to help other families.
Volunteering for our branch gives you an opportunity to use, and develop your skills, experience, creativity and enthusiasm while making a difference to parents locally and most of all make friends and have fun. Volunteering for NCT is not just for women or parents – everybody is welcome. Most roles are a commitment of 1 or 2 hours per week, but all roles are completely flexible and can also be shared. We also have 'one-off' and ad hoc roles such as being a host of an event/meet up.
If you feel that you want to support NCT to provide parents with a better experience of pregnancy, birth and early parenthood please consider taking a role on your local branch team.
Here are a few examples of roles we have vacancies for, but please get in touch if you think you can help with anything else as we are always interested in hearing from new volunteers.
- Branch and Deputy Branch Coordinator - helps us keep a full and effective team of volunteers. Mostly we just need someone organised and enthusiastic about supporting parents
- Nearly New Sale Team - our sale runs twice a year and we need a good team in place to organise it. Whether it's sourcing advertisers, managing volunteers or sellers or just being a part of the volunteer team on the day please get in touch if you think you can help.
- Bumps and Babies Coordinator - helps organise events for expectant parents and new mums - an easy and contained role
- Deputy Treasurer - an adhoc role to provide support to our Treasurer - time requirement very small and not regular
- Social Media Coordinator/Group Moderator - can all be done from your phone, helps communicate our events, news and info to our community
- Website Editor - someone to keep the content on our section of the NCT website up to date with new information and events - an easy and contained role
- Newsletter Coordinator - we'd love to have someone on our team who is able to put together a quarterly newsletter to our members
- Hosts - we are always looking for hosts for coffee meet ups, days out and bumps and babies so please get in touch to discuss what you might be interested in doing.
E-mail Alison at email@example.com to chat through how you may be able to get involved.