All NCT sales are exclusively run by volunteers so if you would like to volunteer on the day of the sale, we would be very grateful for your time. Our SAMPLE Nearly New Sale Volunteer Pack summarises the sale and the volunteering opportunities.
Some of the benefits to volunteering include:
* Bag a bargain! All volunteers on the sale day can attend a pre-event sale, where you can bag your very own bargain
* For sellers, the NCT commission will be reduced from 30% to 26% to 22% on items sold, commission level is dependant on the amount of time you volunteer.
* Light lunch, tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided
* Enables the Durham branch of the NCT to run Nearly New Sales; events that are entirely organised and run by volunteers
* Supports the leading national charity that offers information and support in pregnancy, childbirth and early parenthood
* Help at a busy but enjoyable day; meeting like-minded people
Nearly New Sale Team
Behind the scenes our Nearly New Sales are ran by a team of volunteers who have a particular interest in supporting the sales which help hundreds of local parents buy and sell good quality used baby and children's items a year. Sales have been on hold for the past year due to COVID-19 but we are now starting to rebuild the Nearly New Sale Team ready for restarting sales later in 2021. We currently have the following team roles available:
NNS Seller Volunteer - Working with the Nearly New Sale Coordinator the NNS Seller Volunteer will manage the registration of sellers for each Nearly New Sale, this involves answering seller queries, emailing out seller packs and looking after sellers on sale day. This role is seasonal as sales are held three times a year in March, September and November, whilst mostly conducted from home you will be required to attend each Nearly New Sale. Full training will be given.
NNS Helper Volunteer - Working with the Nearly New Sale Coordinator the NNS Helper Volunteer will manage the registration of helpers for each Nearly New Sale, this involves answering helper queries, emailing out helper information packs and looking after helpers on sale day. This role is seasonal as sales are held three times a year in March, September and November, whilst mostly conducted from home you will be required to attend each Nearly New Sale. Full training will be given.
NNS Venue and Equipment Volunteer - Working with the Nearly New Sale Coordinator, the NNS Venue and Equipment Volunteer will manage the booking of the Nearly New Sale venue, arrange van hire for the transportation of equipment and ensure all equipment is safely packed away after each sale. This role is seasonal as sales are held three times a year in March, September and November, whilst planning will be conducted from home this role does require some manual handling and assembly of equipment and you will be required to attend each Nearly New Sale. Full training will be given.
Nearly New Sale Co-Coordinator - The Nearly New Sale Coordinator is the project lead for the planning the nearly new sales, overseeing the NNS team, ensuring that all arrangements relating to Nearly New Sales are completed and leading regular team meetings and event debriefings. This is joint role alongside the existing Co-coordinator, full training will be given
If you would be interested in volunteering, please email the Nearly New Sale team on nns.Durham@nct.org.uk
Nearly New Sale Advertising
The NCT Nearly New Sale advertising is also organised by volunteers. It goes without saying that the more buyers that attend the sale, the more items sellers will sell on the day:
• If you would like to help distribute posters and flyers in your local community, please feel free to either print off our Nearly New Sale Poster and drop it off to venues in your local area or if you have several places you would like to advertise the event at, please contact us, and we can deliver professionally printed posters and leaflets for you to distribute.
• If you use social media, please like and share the Durham NCT advertising posts on both Facebook (NCT Durham) and Twitter (@DurhamNCT) as research shows, social media is the place where most buyers hear about the sale.