Southampton NCT's breastfeeding drop-ins
- Monday, 1 - 2:30, Cutbush Children's Centre, Cutbush Lane, Townhill Park, SO18 2GF
- Tuesday, 9:30 - 11:00, Salvation Army Church, 85 Whites Way, Hedge End, SO30 2GL
- Thursday, 9:30 - 11:00, The Ashby Centre, Stratton Road, Southampton SO15 5QZ
These are free, there’s no need to book or be an NCT member, you can just turn up.
NCT National Breastfeeding Helpline
The NCT national breastfeeding helpline is manned by trained breastfeeding counsellors from 8am - midnight, 7 days a week:
030 0330 0770
Local breastfeeding counsellors
Southampton NCT branch's qualified breastfeeding counsellor can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
The NCT publishes a wide range of information about feeding your baby, some are listed below.
- How can I tell if my baby's thriving?
- Attachment and positioning for successful breastfeeding
- How long should I breastfeed?
- Dads and breastfeeding - common concerns
- How to express and store breastmilk
- Introducing formula milk
- Mixed feeding - combining breast and bottle
- How to start solid foods and weaning
Please see the Feeding section of the NCT website for more articles, which we hope you will find helpful.
Introducing Solids Courses
Introducing your baby to solid foods can be a very exciting time. Our workshops help you decide when the time is right, how you want to go about it and what to expect.