Welcome to Mid Beds NCT. Run by local parents, we offer support, services, information and friendship to new parents and parents-to-be.
- A support network for parents - supporting you before, during and after your baby arrives; Whether or not you attend NCT antenatal or postnatal courses in your area, there'll be NCT volunteers who offer you opportunities to meet up, make friends and share experiences at coffee mornings, bumps babies and beyond sessions and other support groups. We offer breastfeeding support, Valley Cushion hire, and a bra fitting service.
- NCT Nearly New Sales - the cost of kitting out your baby or toddler can run into thousands. NCT Nearly New Sales are the perfect solution selling top-quality baby and children's clothes and equipment at bargain prices straight from their loving owners.
- NCT volunteering opportunities - have fun helping with NCT branch activities, use your skills to support local parents and meet new people from your community.
- Local NCT social and fundraising events - giving you the chance to meet other parents while supporting your local branch and the wider NCT
- Useful courses such as First Aid and Introducing Solids.
- Membership local benefits. Earlier this year we launched a Membership Benefits Scheme for NCT Mid Beds members. Some local businesses are now kindly providing our members with offers and discounts when you show your membership card. Please see our newsletter (issued to members) for current offers and our Facebook page for new discounts and savings.
We are thrilled to announce we have been successful in being awarded funding from the National Lottery Awards for All programme. This funding will enable the branch to continue providing a Breastfeeding Councellor, already funded graciously by C&H Barton Pharmacy, secure our hall hire for Bumps and Babies, and enable us to buy some much needed baby carriers for the sling library. We are delighted to have C&H Barton Pharmacy and the National Lottery's support. A huge thank you!!
Don't Miss Our...
We are so excited to announce we now host a monthly Breastfeeding Counsellor at our usual Bumps and Babies group Wednesday's 1-3pm in Flitwick Village Hall. Sarah will be with us the second Wednesday of every month.
23rd March 2019 2pm - 3.15pm
(NCT Members with valid membership card gain early entry at 1.45pm)
Flitwick Village Hall.
£1 per adult
or visit our page: Nearly New Sales Info
Forthcoming sales: 28th September 2019 and 23rd November 2019.
Our Sling library will be hosted at our usual Bumps Babies group 1-3pm on the first Wednesday of the month held at Flitwick Village Hall.
We are always looking for volunteers to help set up and tidy away Bumps and Babies so if you are able to help please add your name to the volunteer sign up sheet at the group.
Find the next course appropriate to your due date: http://www.nct.org.uk/branches/mid-beds/courses
In partnership with The British Red Cross.
Running in 2019 on: 20th February, 22nd May, 18th September, 20th November
Places are limited to please book early to avoid disappointment.
Held 7pm - 9.30pm at Church Hall, Church Road, Maulden. MK45 2AU.
£25 per person or £45 for a couple. Babies in arms welcome.
For more information and to book on to the course please contact Emily Ord Firstaid.MidBeds@nct.org.uk
The next session will be held on 17th January in Ampthill.
For more information and to book a place please contact Branch.MidBeds@nct.org.uk
A five-week course for babies aged 6 weeks - crawling run 10.15 - 11.30am at Parkside Hall, Ampthill.
The next course commences 18th February 2019.
Our Weekly Events...
Come along and join our drop-in group every Wednesday afternoon from 1-3pm at Flitwick Village Hall, Dunstable Road, Flitwick MK45 1HP
It's a chance to speak to other parents, share experiences and ideas and have a hot cup of tea brought to you! All we ask is for a donation of £2 towards the cost of the venue and refreshments. You don’t have to be an NCT member to attend our group.
*** VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES****
We have a great team of volunteers to help support our branch, however, there's always room for more!
NCT Needs You!
We are looking for volunteers to join our committee and help drive forward NCT Mid Beds. Over the years we have managed to offer a range of support and activities for local parents like, Bumps and Babies, Sling Library, Weekly Walks and Nearly New Sales. It is due to the dedication of our volunteers that we have managed To do this, however, without new volunteers coming forward we may have to stop what we are doing. If you have an hour a week to spare, then why not join our great team of volunteers.
Interested in joining our friendly team? Contact us for more information at Branch.MidBeds@nct.org.uk