We run two classes in Central Basingstoke on Tuesday evenings, the first from 5.30 - 7.30pm and the second from 7.30 - 9.30 pm at Brookvale Village Hall, Lower Brook Street, RG21 7RU (behind BCOT), just a 5-minute walk from Festival Place and the bus and train stations. There is a large free car park available during the session.
For enquiries and bookings contact Hilary & Libby at firstname.lastname@example.org
***New class starting Sunday 4th November*** - Sunday evenings 6.00 - 7.30pm at Overton Community Centre, 5 High St, Overton, Basingstoke RG25 3HB
For enquiries and bookings please email Anne at email@example.com
The classes are suitable for women at any time after 12 weeks of pregnancy and focus on gentle postures, breathing techniques, positions for labour and relaxations. The aim is for you to have an enjoyable and relaxing time, whilst improving your physical and emotional wellbeing and helping you feel more confident and positive about birth. The postures are very gentle, specifically designed so you can attend throughout your pregnancy (after 12 weeks) and can be adapted to individual needs. They can be taken on their own or as an add-on to our other antenatal classes.
The classes are suitable for all women, regardless of their fitness level.
Benefits of these classes include:
- Reduced back ache
- Improved quality of sleep
- Reduced anxiety
- Strengthened joints and muscles
- Increased flexibility
- Increased blood circulation
- Reduced swelling from fluid retention
- Improved posture and body awareness
- Strengthened abdominal and pelvic muscles
- Improved digestive system
For those who are already mothers, the class will be a time when you can relax, concentrate on the new baby, and think about your wishes for this birth.
For first time mothers, there will be lots of practical tips, opportunity to meet others and ask questions. Some words may be unfamiliar, please do not hesitate to ask if there is anything you are unsure of, no matter how small it might seem.
* Everyone is welcome, you don’t have to be a member of the NCT. We would like to make sure every parent can benefit from our courses. We therefore have lower prices for parents on lower incomes or in receipt of certain benefits. These concessions vary, from small discounts of 5% to a maximum reduction of 90% off the full course fee. Please ask about these discounts.
About the teachers:
NCT Yoga for Pregnancy classes are taught by NCT teachers who have undergone extra training in teaching physical skills - a further year's training into the practice and philosophy of yoga enables the teacher to graduate to NCT Yoga for Pregnancy. The teachers are passionate about enabling women to have a positive experience of pregnancy and birth.