The branch has several social ‘Open House’ groups coordinated by local parents, offering opportunities for parents to be, new parents and those with young children to meet over a cuppa in the friendly and relaxed environment of someone's home.
These groups are especially appreciated by first time parents and newcomers to the area. They are an ideal way of making new friends and meeting people with babies of a similar age to your own. All expectant or new (or second-. third-or fouth-time round) parents are welcome to come along to a group. You do not need to live in the area to come to a group, nor do you have to be an NCT member.
The following groups are currently meeting in our area and Facebook page listed where available. We can understandably only list personal email addresses where permission has been given. If not listed, just contact email@example.com and they will pass your request on.
- Central and South Bank - Fridays, 9:30-11:30. https://www.facebook.com/groups/272363456163170/
- Dringhouses and Woodthorpe - We currently have no groups available in this area.
- East of York Villages - We currently have no groups available in this area.
- Fulford & Fishergate -Monday- 10.30-11:45. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Heworth, Huntington and New Earswick - Meets vary please contact Hayley via email for more information.Email: email@example.com
- Holgate and Acomb - Fridays 10:00-12:00. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Malton/Norton - Mondays, 9:30-11.30. https://www.facebook.com/groups/631346946908177/
- Rawcliffe and Clifton Moor - Fridays, 10:00-12:00. https://www.facebook.com/groups/550596315042339/
- Scarborough - Thursdays, 10:00-11:30. https://www.facebook.com/ScarboroughNCT
- South of York and Bishopthorpe - 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month. Email: email@example.com
- Tadcaster and Church Fenton - Thursdays, 10:00-12:00. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Would you like to see a group in your area? If there is no group that serves your immediate area, then do consider starting one! It is not onerous. Just email email@example.com who will give you all the help you need to get one going. And it is not compulsory to host in order to join a group, but we do value all volunteers who are able to.
As well as regular get-togethers, each group also organises its own activities and social events, such as:
- Teddy bears picnics
- Easter egg hunts
- Trips to the park
- Christmas craft sessions
- Halloween tea party
- Pub nights
- Bring and share suppers
- Dads and children coffee mornings
- Cinema nights
- Pamper nights
- Pudding clubs
Of course, there are also all the activities that are run branch-wide, so everyone has a chance to meet up and find out what the other groups have been doing.