NCT Beckenham and Borders Nearly New Sale – (Table Top)
Date: Saturday, 23/November/2019
Time: 2:30pm to 4:00pm
(Café & Sales doors will be closed strictly at 4:00pm for clearing up)
Venue: St. John's Church Eden Park, 251 Eden Park Ave, Beckenham BR3 3JN
Entrance fee: £1.50 single/£2 couple entry (children free) (CASH ONLY Please!) (in aid of NCT Charity)
- Total spaces available: We have a maximum of 15 tables available. Every seller will be allocated equal space at the venue on First Come First Serve basis only.
- Fee: A nonrefundable fee of £20.00 is payable for an allocated table space at the sale.
- There is no commission charged at the table top sales and sellers keep 100% of the money they receive for sold items. (you can bring your own rail for additional £5 per rail)
- Sellers Pack
- Booking a space: Registration for sellers opens at approximately 6 weeks before each sale. This will be advertised via our Facebook page, and all branch members and contacts on our selling database (subscribe here) will be emailed. Alternatively, contact our Nearly New Sale Team on NNS.BeckenhamAndBorders@nct.org.uk. Please note that sale goods should be 'nearly new' rather than second hand; we won’t sell items that are damaged, broken, stained or marked. Everything has to have all its parts and pieces and be in excellent working condition. A seller pack will be available once registration opens with details of what items can be sold and tips on how best to present and price them.
- BOOK YOUR TABLE HERE
- Once you have registered, we will verify that you have paid your registration fee and you should receive an email confirming your place at the sale.
- Spaces available (total): 2 spaces only. Every seller will be allocated equal space at the venue on First Come First Serve basis only.
- Fee: A non-refundable fee of £25.00 is payable for an allocated table space at the sale.
- BOOK YOUR TABLE HERE
CASH ONLY SALE PLEASE!
* FREE Goody bags for first 100 buyers from 2:30pm
- We do not accept cheques
- Please arrive in plenty of time as there is often a queue.
- Shoppers at the NCT sale can save up to 90% on the price of many goods
- NCT Nearly New Sales offer excellent quality pre-loved baby and children’s items.
- You will find: Baby clothes, Children’s clothes (0 to 12 years), Maternity clothes, Baby and toddler equipment, Toys, books, DVDs and games
- Please note that we are very tight for space and so do not always allow buggies into the sale hall (unless the baby is sleeping); if this is the case, we will have a buggy park but please bring your baby in a sling if you can.
- Activity area: Our sales include a small sitting area where you can sit and celebrate your bargains with a hot drink and slice of homemade cake. There will be a colouring in table for the children.
- Would you like your business to reach more parents to be and new parents in the Beckenham & Borders area?
- It’s a great opportunity for local businesses, such as mobile coffee van, activity providers, photographers and sellers of personalised or gift items to promote your business to local parents.
- If you would like to discuss any other options or have any queries, please contact us at NNS.BeckenhamAndBorders@nct.org.uk,
- Goody bags: Options and prices: 100 flyers for £15, 150 flyers for £20 (extra flyers will be distributed at our weekly activity & groups)
- Raffles: Promote Your Business Through our NNS Christmas Raffle. We would be very grateful if you would consider donating a voucher or sample as raffle prize.
- Sponsors: The Big Yellow Group self-storage company: We would like to thank Big Yellow Storage for their sponsorship of NCT. We could not run our sales without them.
- Online – Website: Ad on our NCT Beckenham & Borders branch page, Social Media: Monthly ads on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram for 6 months.
- We need lots of volunteers for a successful sale. Mums, Dads, grandparents and friends alike are all welcome to help out.
- Volunteering timings on the day: From 1pm to 5pm (only 4 hours).
- SUPPORT OUR CAFÉ: The branch will be running a café at the sale …if you are able to make and donate a cake for us to sell at the sale that would be hugely appreciated, please do let us know.
- Need volunteers for: Planning the sale online & on the day, Information desk, Bake Cakes, Café area, Activity area, Kitchen, Sellers and buyers queries on the day,
- Volunteer registration: Please fill Online booking form or email: NNS.BeckenhamAndBorders@nct.org.uk
- Be a part of our Facebook group NCT Beckenham & Borders team
- Buengo: Sell it for good. We have joined Buengo, an on-line app where sellers can sell their goods, select NCT to support, and when someone buys the good, the money gets transferred to NCT.
- Donations: We will accept Donations (Vouchers & Sample items) towards our Raffle prizes and also for our next event (Facebook Online Auction Fundraising) in December - January.
- Where does the money raised go? The EVENT is run entirely by volunteers and we try to keep the costs of the sale as low as possible so you can be sure the money goes where it is needed. Locally we use the money to fund activities like our seasonal parties (New year, Easter, Summer holidays, Halloween, Christmas) at our weekly activity groups. Nationally the money goes towards running the NCT help lines and campaigning on behalf of parents.
Disclaimer: Please note that all items are sold as seen and the NCT is not responsible for the items for sale; we do our best to quality control the items and they should be 'nearly new'. If you have any concerns on the day, please raise it with a member of the team.
Help the environment: We all know how many clothes, toys and equipment you need for a new baby, but buying new uses up valuable natural resources. Every item you buy from an NCT Nearly New Sale is an item which isn’t going to landfill.
A FEW GENTLE REMINDERS
- Please remember that everyone involved with the running of the Nearly New Sales are volunteers…this includes all the helpers at the sale, in the café and the NNS team – who give a lot of their time for free to run the sales.
- We aim to generate a team spirit among the sellers and helpers at the sale. Please come full of enthusiasm and energy and it will be a pleasant experience for all.
- The NNS team are very interested in your feedback, suggestions and information in person or by email, but please bear in mind that they are all volunteers and fit the role around their families, jobs and lives.
- The sales are run as a service to parents, to help with the recycling of nearly new children’s items, and to raise money for the NCT.
- SPREAD THE WORD … without buyers your items will not sell! Like and share our Facebook posts, put up posters, hand out flyers, it should be in your interest. Our branch volunteers can only do so much. ☺