NCT Mother and Baby Yoga classes are suitable for you and your baby to attend from six weeks after birth. You need to have had your six/eight week check from your GP, and been given permission to restart exercising before attending classes. These sessions run on Mondays, in term time from 11am. This session will focus on babies under 6 months old.
You can join NCT Mother and Baby Yoga classes once you have had your six/eight week check from your GP, and been given the OK to restart exercise.
Our unique and fun classes provide a wonderful opportunity for you as a new mother to ease your way back into exercise after the birth of your baby. Discover how yoga can help you stretch, strengthen and tone your body.
Whether you are new to yoga or reconnecting with it, these classes will help restore your sense of wellbeing.
Our sessions also include gentle yoga for your baby so you can practise together.
You'll have the opportunity to do exercises and stretches to:
- Strengthen and tone your muscles; especially abdominals, pelvic floor and back.
- Encourage you and your baby to find time and space for relaxation.
- Use the breath to increasing calm and confidence.
- Improve your sleep.
- Re-energise and motivate you.
Babies can join in and experience some yoga especially for them to:
- Encourage their reflexes to develop.
- Enhance their motor development.
- Increase their awareness of their surroundings.
- Calm and relax them, helping them to sleep better.
These enjoyable classes are run by NCT practitioners who have undergone extra training in teaching postnatal yoga.
They allow time for the bond between mum and baby to develop, enhancing understanding of your baby and so increasing your confidence in being a parent.
The use of music and rhymes throughout the class creates a fun and relaxed atmosphere, so re-learn those nursery rhymes and come and join us.
Please contact Anita for details of what to bring.
Contact: Anita-Dawn Davies