The All-Party Parliamentary Group on Maternity’s (APPGM) Maternity Services Awards 2011 are fast approaching and the nominations are now open. The awards celebrate and recognise the hard work and dedication of maternity services and staff across England.
The APPGM is inviting you to nominate your maternity services for making a difference to families in your local area. The award categories include:-
• Best example of involvement of service users in the development and delivery of maternity services.
• Multidisciplinary team of the year
• Most marked improvement in services to address health inequalities or improve outcomes for mothers and babies
• Most inclusive maternity service for new fathers
• Best example of woman centred postnatal care
• Best example of a service for women with complex medical needs in pregnancy
The 2011 Awards will be presented at a summer reception in July at the Houses of Parliament. The award winners will be invited to attend the reception along with politicians, leading health professionals and user representatives from maternity services.
The closing date for nominations is 9am on Friday 6th May and the winners will be notified in early June. To find out more or complete an online application form, please visit www.appg-maternity.org.uk
Last year five outstanding maternity services won awards and a further six were awarded highly commended. The awards recognised their inspiring work in improving local maternity services.
The 2011 awards are sponsored overall by NCT and Vitabiotics Pregnacare. Individual category sponsors include the Association of Radical Midwives.
The APPGM, which is serviced by NCT charity, highlights maternity issues within Parliament and brings together health professionals and service users with politicians.