Find the latest NCT Perspective issue and past issues.
NCT Perspective: preparing parents for birth and the transition to parenthood
Perspective is NCT’s FREE quarterly journal on preparing parents for birth and early parenthood. It covers research, policy and service development on topics including pregnancy, preparation for labour and birth, infant feeding and the transitition to parenthood for mums and dads with a baby or toddler.
You can download the latest issue of Perspective from the bottom of this page.
'In hospital, I remember that in the evening which I found harder, I had several ladies (peer supporters) who would come and sit with me, hold the baby, and they had all the time in the world for me.'
(from December 2017 Perspective)
NCT Perspective December 2017 includes:
- NCT’s emotional and practical support for infant feeding, including an important and often unseen one-to-one support service provided free of charge for women experiencing breastfeeding difficulties, by breastfeeding counselors.
- The work of volunteer breastfeeding peer supporters who offer their time in hospitals, drop-in groups and other settings. These peer supporters are highly valued for helping women to build their confidence and breastfeed their babies for longer than they would have originally intended.
- The range of available peer support services and the gaps across the UK
- Evidence around peer support interventions, with lessons for future design.
- Involving parents as partners in the care of their babies in neonatal units.
- New Child Feeding Guide
- New resource on caring for babies after tongue-tie division
- Latest feedback from parents about NCT’s antenatal, postnatal and breastfeeding support services – praise and suggestions for improvement – in this December 2017 issue. NCT is helping individual practitioners to enhance their practice, and identifying areas for improvement across whole services.
Any feedback or suggestions? Do get in touch by email to email@example.com