Welcome to all interested sellers. Please read so you know what to expect as a seller.
Registration is a two part process and you will need your bank details to complete your registration. It is a very simple and quick process and space is limited so register early after you've read the Seller's Pack!
At our last sale we had 65 sellers which is the most we've ever had and we are looking forward to packing out the Glossopdale School The Place again at the next sale!
If you are interested in selling at our sale, please take a look at the Seller's Pack before committing to sell. Seller numbers are limited so register early. If you are looking to clear some clutter, make some pocket money for yourself all while supporting your local charity, this is the sale for you!
Our next NNS will be on Saturday the 3rd of October 2020 at the Glossopdale School Hadfield site at Newshaw Lane, SK13 7DR.
Please join our Facebook event for updates on our sale including seller numbers, sponsors and stall holders.
If you'd like to keep up to date on what NCT Glossop is up to, join our Mailing List to receive our webletter.
Why should I sell my stuff at an NCT Nearly New Sale?
An NCT Nearly New Sale is a relatively simple and successful way of selling good quality items that you no longer use, all whilst raising money for the NCT (National Childbirth Trust).
Our sales are so successful for our sellers because every item is labelled and sorted into categories: clothes by gender and age range, toys, books, large items etc. So people can easily find what they want as opposed to rooting through lots of items on tables.
Get the most out of the sale
Here are a few top tips on how to get the most out of the sale:
- Arrive in plenty of time as there is usually a queue.
- NCT members are allowed earlier entry so consider joining the NCT ahead of the sale.
- The sales are often very busy and pushchairs are allowed but you might find it easier to shop with your baby in a sling
- Think about how you are going to get your shopping home – please consider bringing a helper if you plan to buy any large or heavy items.
How to Sell
- Download the Sellers Pack (last updated March 2019) and read thoroughly (if you have sold before please read again and check for changes)
- Register to sell with your contact details, bank details and you will receive a Seller ID.
- Print off your Label Templates (must be in original size format) prepare your items, sort and label everything and make sure your Seller ID is on BOTH parts of the label.
- Bring all items to the Sale on the morning of the NNS in boxes labelled with your Seller ID Number, at your allocated time slot which will be emailed to you. Items will be checked against the criteria listed in the Sellers’ Pack.
- Return to collect unsold items in the afternoon of the NNS between 1:15pm and 1:45pm unless you have chosen to donate any unsold items to our chosen charity in which case there's no need to return at the end of the day.
- You will receive a BACS transfer within three weeks after our sale.
- UPDATE: We have increased the restriction on how many clothes on hangers you can bring to 40.
- We would like to remind you that this is a Nearly New Sale and not a jumble sale, Items should be in excellent condition and competitively priced. All items MUST be: Thoroughly cleaned, “Nearly new” condition, Excellent quality, In good working order, Safe, No broken parts, Correctly Labelled. All items that do not meet these requirements will be rejected.
- NCT take 30% of your profits and you will receive 70%. All proceeds go to the National Childbirth Trust - find out about what our charity does.
- If you volunteer for the whole day, you will take home 80% of your sales while NCT takes 20% and half day volunteers will take home 75% of their sales with NCT taking 25%.
- All unsold items need to be collected after the Sale. If your items are not collected we will deduct a fee of £10.
- You can now choose to donate any unsold items to our chosen charity which means you do not need to come back at the end of the day. You must clearly mark your label with a D after your Seller ID number on the top of the label.
We are asking that all Sellers also consider volunteering at the sale. Sellers that volunteer for the day will take home a greater percentage of their sales. As you can imagine we need a lot of people to make the sale run successfully so please indicate your availability on the booking form. All Volunteers will be given early access to the Sale between 10:30am and 11:00am. All volunteers will be contacted by Chika Jones, Nearly New Sale coordinator well in advance of the Sale and will be fully briefed on the day.
If you have any questions at all then please contact Chika at nns.Glossop@nct.org.uk
Thanks again for your enquiry and we look forward to hearing from you soon,