Selling at a Coventry NCT Nearly New Sale 

  • Packs must be purchased in advance of the sale. You cannot just arrive and sell on the day.

  • Full details where to purchase a pack are available on the NCT website, enquiry line, and posters and fliers, approximately six weeks before the sale.

  • You must label your items with the labels from the pack

  • Drop your items off at the sale location at 8:45am on the morning of the sale

  • Volunteers will display items in the hall in preparation for the sale

  • Collect your unsold items and boxes at 3:15pm on the day of the sale

  • All labels of sold items are recorded by the sale team and your total calculated
  • NCT will keep a commission of 30% of your total and you will receive a BACS payment for the remaining 70% of the value of your sold labels within two weeks, cheque payments will take longer.

  • We can only sell items that are in a GOOD CLEAN CONDITION. Items that do not meet this requirement will not be displayed

  • Items must be COMPLETE and WORKING 

    i.e. videos/DVDs must play, jigsaws and games need all pieces, inflatable objects must be inflated. 

 

What you can sell

  • Maternity clothes on hangers
  • Clothes 0-6 months in wrapped bundles or on hangers
  • Clothes 6-12 months, 12-18 months, 18-24 months,  2-3 years, 3 years, 4 years, 5 years, 6 years, 7 years all on hangers
  • Small equipment (reclining baby bouncers, bedding etc)
  • Large equipment (high chairs, stair gates etc)
  • Toys, Books, Children’s videos/DVDs (battery powered toys are OK)
  • Clean, dry and firm second hand mattresses (must have a waterproof cover with no tears, crack or holes).  ‘Ventilated’ mattresses will not be sold.
  • Children’s pedal cycles (saddle height less than 635mm)
  • Upholstered furniture, including cots and highchairs, with the permanent label “Carelessness Causes Fire”
  • Cosmetics if unopened, originally for sale in the UK and before their use by date
  • Carrycot stands labelled with size and weight loadings.  Must have a guard rail, suitable base and be a maximum height of 432mm. Please supply instructions
  • Mains powered electrical equipment displaying a PACK tested label
  • Brand new, breast pumps (electrically tested where necessary) with bottles.

NB Videos and soft toys do not sell well (apart from small character toys e.g. Bob the Builder).

 

What you can't sell

Please refer to the Nearly New Sale Principles for up to date information https://www.nct.org.uk/get-involved/fundraising-activities/nct-nearly-new-sales/sell-nearly-new-sales

It is your responsibility to ensure that goods you are selling are safe and fit for purpose.  In order to protect NCT, you (the seller) and our customers, the following items will not be accepted for sale:

  • Bag style baby slings
  • Car seats, car booster seats, ’Isofix’ bases or car seats from travel systems
  • Riding hats or crash helmets
  • Children’s outer garments with a draw string hood
  • Bottles, baby food & formula milk
  • Second-hand breast pumps

 

Get involved

We always welcome new members of the team and there are a number of different roles available. To thank you for your efforts all volunteers are invited to join in the presale shopping before the doors are open to the public.

For more information e-mail  coventry@nct.org.uk

 

Local activities and meetups

NCT Membership
Support NCT Charity by becoming a member

Courses & workshops

NCT Antenatal course

Find out more

NCT Online Antenatal refresher course

Find out more