The Nearly New Sales are extremely popular and provide local parents with affordable quality baby goods whilst raising vital funds for the branch and the charity.
The sales are organised and run entirely by volunteers and as such, we recommend you read the following guidelines before you register for our next sale.
Our next sale is on
April 26th 2020 Has been cancelled. We are currently planning the Autumn sale. Date to be confirmed.
Before the Sale
- Read the Sellers Pack to familiarise yourself with items that can/can't be sold and for details of how the sale is run.
- All are welcome to sell - you do not have to be a NCT member.
- Once you've completed a Seller Registration form online we will send you a Sellers Pack by email which contains self-printing labels. Sellers label their items up with age suitability, short item description and the price. Please make sure your labels are securely labelled as we can't sell items without a label attached.
On the Day
All sellers drop off their items at the sale venue on the morning of the sale between 8.30 - 9am.
Please supply your items on the day of the sale in a large box(es) clearly marked with your seller number & name on each side.
Our branch runs the sale and sells the items on your behalf.
At the end of the sale your unsold items will be boxed and ready for you to collect between 2 and 3pm. We kindly ask that you stick to these timings. Our volunteers have small children too and are as keen as the next person to go and join them to enjoy the rest of the day!
After the sale - receiving your proceeds
Once the sale is over we tally up the number of items you have sold and the amount raised, remove the Charities' commission and send you a BACS payment for the balance. This can take up to 2 - 4 weeks after the sale. Our volunteer Treasurer works very hard to get this done as soon as feasible.
Interested in selling?
- Please read the sellers pack very carefully before registering as it contains important information.The pack can be found in the related documents section on the right hand side.
- We recommend pricing reflects condition of the item and we find, as a rough guide, around one third of the original is a good place to start!
- If you have sold small amounts of items in the past your contributions have of course been appreciated and maybe for this sale you could team up with a friend in a similar situation to sell more items under one seller number so that we can offer sellers places and more items to buyers. If you currently don't have enough items to sell, remember that we offer 2 sales per year and that there will be plenty more opportunities to sell at the next sale.
Helping local parents and the environment
Chester Branch is one of NCT's network of over 300 local branches in the UK, dedicated to supporting local parents and carers and parents-to-be.
Nearly new sales give you access to top quality affordable baby and pregnancy items, from bargain prams to whole wardrobes and have help raising over £1 million every year towards supporting parents locally and in national projects and campaigns.