What is a Nearly New Ticketed Sale?
The Spring Sale is a Ticketed Sale, it is an NCT charity run event where you (NCT members and non-members) sell your nearly new maternity and breastfeeding, baby and children toys, clothes and equipment.
Our Spring Ticketed Sales run a little differently to a table top sale, more like a pop-up shop. Once you purchase a Sellers Pack, you can use our handy spreadsheet to produce your own labels and attach them to your items. The morning of the sale you drop the items off, our Volunteers lay them out by category. Buyers can then select the items they want to purchase, head to our tills and pay in one transaction. At the end of the sale you collect the items that have not sold. You will receive 75% of the sale price and the NCT 25%, which is retained as a donation to the charity.
You can stay up to date on our Nearly New Sales in the future by subscribe to our mailing list.
We have a Facebook page which posts lots of tips for buyers and sellers in the run up to the sale, please ‘like’ the page if you are on Facebook to receive these: www.facebook.com/nesomersetnct
Without volunteers it would not be possible to continue the local North East Somerset NCT branch and our events. If you would like to volunteer for us, please contact us on email@example.com.
We hope you do become one of our sellers and volunteers and support the NCT charity. The money raised goes towards training breastfeeding counsellors who are available to help anyone with feeding issues, providing support and information to parents, operating the NCT helpline which give practical and emotional support to all parents and expectant parents, running groups such as Bumps and Babies and training and running the antenatal and postnatal classes.
Sale Registration Information
- You must register AND PAY in advance of the sale. Registration is via our on-line registration system.
- There are limited places available, which will be based on a first come first served basis, but the link will be sent to previous sellers and volunteers, prior to being open to the general public. Therefore, please ensure you register as soon as the link is sent to you.
- Once you have confirmed your place, you will receive full confirmation by email.
- Please note that the registration is non-refundable. If you are unable to sell at the event, then please do let us know in advance by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we know not to expect you on the day.
Selling at the Event
- You are labelling your own items using an Excel Spreadsheet provided in your Sellers Pack.
- You can sell 100 items, you can request to sell up to 150 or 200 during Seller Registration.
- The sale is staffed by volunteers and although we make every effort to prevent theft, in the event of goods disappearing with no record of them being sold we are unable to offer any compensation.
- Goods are left at your own risk and we cannot accept any responsibility for any damages.
- We do not accept responsibility for Incomplete, damaged or soiled items, we ask that you check all items over before the sale. THOSE SELLING SUB-STANDARD GOODS MAY BE BANNED FROM FUTURE SALES. Spot Checks will be carried out!
- All battery operated toys must be supplied with batteries to show they are in working order.
- For a list of what we do and do not sell, please see the NCT guidance document here.
Timings on the Day
- The sale opens for NCT Members at 10.45am, General public are admitted at 11am.
- The Hall is open for Sellers to drop off their labelled items 8.30-9.00am.
- The sale closes at 12.30pm and Sellers need to collect unsold items between 2.30-3.00pm.
After the Event
- If you think you have lost any items, then please contact email@example.com, so that we can check our lost property items.
Tips for Sellers
- Clothes that have been freshly laundered and ironed sell better than those that have not.
- If you can put your garments on Coat Hangers it makes it easier for us to display items on our rails
- Bundling similar items together in a clear sealed plastic bag
- Check pricing on other selling formats [like eBay, Facebook Marketplace & Gumtree] for an idea of how to price your items to sell, please contact our Nearly New Sale Coordinator if you want a guide as to how much similar items have sold at previous sales.
- Provide instructions and original packing where possible. If you do not have the instructions to hand, you can often find them on the web and print them out.
- If you are selling jigsaws/puzzles, we suggest that you attach a photo to the front of the box, to show that all pieces are there. Items with photos attached, sell better than those without.
- Please read this list of items we sell and don’t sell on the NCT Website here. Please check this carefully.
- Helpers: We are always in need of volunteers before, during and after the sale. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to help.
- Cakes: If you are able to bake and bring a cake we can sell them with the teas and raise valuable extra funds. Homemade cakes always go down well.
- Parking: There is ample parking at the venue. PLEASE park considerately and remember that there are lots of people coming and going delivering their items. Please do park within the bays and do not block the walkway to the drop off hall.
- Buggies and Prams: There is limited space at the sale and we ask that if possible Buggies and Prams are left at home or in the car. We do have a café area that buggies and prams are welcome in with a responsible adult.
- Shoppers with disabilities: We can provide a ‘personal shopper’ to help you if required
- For any further information or questions please contact email@example.com.