Foundation Degree - Birth and Beyond
Our Foundation degree modules enable you to work as an NCT practitioner.
These courses are run in a large range of locations around the country. In the first year you need to attend both a core group and module group. In the second year(Level 5)a range of locations are also offered for most modules.
Reasons to study:
- Qualify as a NCT Specialist Practitioner (choosing a role that is right for you).
- Flexible learning structure (study for Foundation Degree or standalone modules to develop your skills further).
- Benefit from our wide range of different professional specialisms.
Highlights of being an NCT Specialist Practitioner
- Work in a rewarding role with parents.
- Become self-employed and run courses in your local area.
- Benefit from infrastructure and resources of the UK's largest parenting charity.
- Use NCT's centralised booking system for parents to book on your course.
NCT offers many bursaries to reduce the cost of training, some of these are up to 70% of fees for those who go on to work with NCT.
£6,890 for each full time year study spread across 1 - 4 years depending on whether you study full or part-time, or you can do individual modules. Each 15 credit module will be £903.
For those that want to work with NCT, we are pleased to announce that NCT and the University of Worcester will be able to offer a non-repayable grant to students who are not eligible for a government student loan in 2017-18. It will be equal to £2,000 for 120 credits (full time) which means fees payable will be £4,890. For part time study, it will be equal to £250 for each 15 credits studied which means fees for each 15 credits will be £653.
Understanding the neonatal unit experience module is part funded by Abbvie.
Please note that there is a different fee structure for students living in Scotland.
For more information see FAQs.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our admissions line on 020 8752 2453.