NCT Professional has over 10 years' experience in delivering training for health professional and children's centre staff. Our evidence-based approach and tutor expertise means we can support you in your work with parents.
NCT Professional workshops
The NCT offers a range of workshops for health professionals and children's centre staff who work with families, supporting them through pregnancy, birth and early days of being a parent.
Why choose NCT Professional training?
- Delivered by experienced tutors
- Many of our tutors are published authors in their specialist fields
- Delivered with clear aims and learning outcomes
- Interactive courses with delegate participation
- A chance to refresh your practice or learn new skills
- Increase your confidence in running antenatal classes, postnatal sessions or in giving breastfeeding support
- Share ideas and good practice with other professionals
- Personal development
Types of workshops offered:
Workshops delivered exclusively to your own staff and colleagues at a time and location of your choosing. NCT Professional workshop options Include:
- Active birth
- Promoting positive mental health after childbirth
- birth partners: A midwife's best friend
- Plus size pregnancy: Keeping it real
- Teaching and training: How adults learn
- The birth of a family
- Preparation for birth and beyond: putting research into practice
- Positive parenting: Who are the experts?
- Health literacy: Communicating to empower in the First 1,000 Days
- Revisiting reflective practice
- Working with women with high BMI.
We can also tailor workshops to your particular needs. Contact us for more information.
Specifically designed to meet the training needs of your team. Contact us and one of our experienced tutors will discuss a programme with you to ensure that the workshop delivers the aims and learning outcomes you require.
NCT Professional VOICES workshops are designed for members of MSLCs, Labour Ward Forums and Breastfeeding Support Groups.They will help your people:
- Enable all committee members to develop awareness and skills to work more inclusively
- Increase confidence building and problem solving
- Appreciate the perspectives of all those involved in healthcare
- Explore how well local health service bodies work together
- Explore effective partnership working
- Access and understand policy documents.