The smooth running of the NCT Mid Sussex branch is thanks to a number of volunteers who regularly give a few hours of their time to help families in the local area. We are always looking for more people to join our team.
Team roles are varied, interesting and fun – you can use different skills and there is something for everyone, even if you only have a small amount of time to offer. Support is always given by the team – you’ll get a sense of pride and achievement for your efforts, make new friends and have some useful experience to add to your CV too.
Here are a few good reasons for becoming an NCT Volunteer:
- You’ll be using your time and skills to help the NCT Charity reach even more families
- You’ll have opportunities to network and meet new and interesting people
- You’ll have fun
- You’ll be helping make things better for families in the future
- You’ll be giving something back to the NCT
- You’ll be able to benefit from NCT training and develop new skills
- You’ll be helping to raise vital funds for the charity that wants all parents to have a better experience of pregnancy, birth and early parenthood
We have the following voluntary positions available which are vital to the continued success of the branch:
- Advertising Co-ordinator - liaises with advertisers and sponsors for the Newsletter and the Nearly New Sales.
- Branch Co-ordinator - coordinates the work of the Branch committee or team, helps create the plan for the branch's future, and is the main link between the Branch and other parts of NCT
- Events co-ordinators - plans and organises fundraising and social events, such as our annual Teddy Bears’ Picnic, Quiz Nights, Social evenings.
- First Aid Co-ordinator - arranges first aid courses with the British Red Cross, typically 2-3 per year.
- PSA link - provides the link between the Branch team and NCT’s antenatal courses, arranges for volunteers to visit antenatal classes to promote branch activities.
- Social Media and Web Coordinator - helps publicise the local NCT and engage with local influencers on Social Media and develops and keeps up to date our branch pages
Perhaps there's a team role that you fancy that isn't currently available - let us know, as that person may be happy to take on a different challenge!
If you could help please get in touch by contacting the Volunteer Support Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.