In This Section
Do you feel passionate about NCT and the work it does to support parents during those First 1,000 Days of pregnancy into parenthood? If you understand and advocate the benefits of having a supportive professional to help guide you through this rewarding but challenging journey, why not join us?
Our Birth and Beyond programme is your route to supporting new and expectant parents in a range of rewarding roles, be that as an Antenatal Teacher or Postnatal Practitioner. There are three levels of study:
- Initially you can study with us to gain a Level 4 Certificate of Higher Education (Cert HE), which qualifies you to become an NCT Essentials Antenatal Practitioner.
- You can then progress onto our Level 5 Foundation Degree which also allows you to work as an NCT Signature Antenatal Practitioner, or as a Breastfeeding Counsellor or Postnatal Practitioner. From here there are additional Modules which you can study to add to the breadth of your skills, allowing you to work for example as a Yoga for Pregnancy or Baby Massage Practitioner.
- If you want to continue with your studies you can move onto a BA Hons Degree at Level 6. This includes a pathway to becoming an Assessor or Tutor.
Why study with us:
- We offer the only university-accredited qualification in parenting education.
- Our training is flexible with full and part-time options, held at regional locations.
Our modular framework is perfect for professionals who want to develop their role as a practitioner.
For those wanting to study in Scotland, we are delighted to announce that we have a new tutorial group starting in Sept 2015 in Edinburgh.
If having read these pages you still have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 8752 2453.
We talked to Serena Macleod, mum of two children under 2 years’ and currently studying the Certificate of Higher Education Birth and Beyond, about the flexibility offered by this NCT College course.