Without volunteers who give their time to NCT, we wouldn’t be able to support parents in your local area.
Support when it’s needed
New parents can often feel very isolated, especially if they have moved to a new area, are a long way from family or don't know anyone else with children. You can help.
As an NCT Walk and talk volunteer you can offer a vital support network to parents in your local area. In our survey 95% of parents who attended a Walk & Talk group felt less isolated and that their mood improved. 74% felt less anxious and 91% felt part of a community.
Why volunteer with NCT?
Volunteering can have a positive impact on your own mental and physical health.
NCT Walk and talk is a chance to get outside and meet new people. You’ll be helping to offer this to parents when they need it most.
The welfare and safety of individuals is at that heart of everything that we do. We ensure that everybody who engages with our services, activities and events are safe and protected. This includes pregnant women, their partners, babies, children and new parents, as well as our staff, volunteers, students and practitioners. We are committed to safeguarding excellence and have a continuous improvement programme in place to review our safeguarding practices.
We’re here to support you every step of the way.
Planning your walk
- Choose a route. It could be a walk you know, a walk around a park or perhaps a local footpath.
Check the route
- Read our risk assessment and complete a checklist to unlock your walk.
Advertising your walk
- We will help you set up a booking link so you know how many people to expect.
- We'll also help you advertise your walk to new and expectant parents in your area. Please note all walks must be open to the public.
At the start of the walk
- Arrive early to welcome everyone and introduce yourself and NCT.
On the walk
- Chat to parents and encourage conversation.
- Enjoy the walk!
At the end of the walk
- Thank everyone for coming and let them know how to sign up to other local events.
Find other ways to get involved with NCT.