Getting support when you need it is important. Feeding isn't always straightforward and it can take time to feel confident. The great news is that NCT is here to support you.
We offer evidence-based, parent-centred and non-judgemental support with:
- Preparing to feed your baby
- Expressing breastmilk
- Mixed feeding
- Formula feeding
- Introducing solid foods
- Stopping breastfeeding
There are a number of ways you can find support…
NCT Baby Café
NCT Baby Café is a free drop-in, led by an NCT Breastfeeding Counsellor, which any parent or expectant parent can come along to for support with feeding your baby. When visiting a NCT Baby Café you can expect:
- To be made welcome in a relaxed, safe, child-friendly environment
- For the service to be free, inclusive and accessible
- To be supported by a qualified NCT Breastfeeding Counsellor to make decisions that are right for you
- To receive support, encouragement and reliable information – whether getting ready to breastfeed, establishing breastfeeding, continuing breastfeeding, expressing, mixed feeding, formula feeding, introducing solids, stopping breastfeeding and beyond
- To meet other parents
- To be signposted to other services including health professionals, local community support and other NCT services and groups
Use the postcode search to see if there is a local NCT Baby Café running near you.
NCT Infant Feeding helpline
When it comes to feeding your baby, we know how physically and emotionally challenging it can be and it can take time to feel confident. If you need information, support or just someone to talk to, give one of our trained Breastfeeding Counsellors a call. The line is open every day from 8am to midnight, including bank holidays.
0300 330 0700
Find local feeding support
Enter your postcode to find a local event near you.