Take your first step towards a flexible, rewarding career by learning to support new families through pregnancy and the early days of parenthood at NCT.
Our CertHE NCT Perinatal Education and Practice is the only university-accredited qualification in parenting education.
Our training qualifies you to work professionally with expectant parents during the first 1,000 days of pregnancy into parenthood. We work in partnership with the The University of Worcester to bring you teaching, learning and professional development opportunities in parenting education.
Our unique CertHE NCT Perinatal Education and Practice course has been designed to allow you to develop a role as an NCT Practitioner, enabling you to support, inspire and guide expectant parents through pregnancy and the early days of parenthood. On successful completion of the course, you will be issued an NCT Licence to Practise and will be able to provide services for expectant parents such as our highly valued antenatal courses.
Key features of our CertHE NCT Perinatal Education and Practice course:
- Our flexible course is a combination of experiential and interactive face-to-face seminars and study days, synchronous and asynchronous online learning and guided independent study.
- Both full-time and part-time study options are available.
- On the ground practice experience working with expectant parents; this forms the learning in the workplace element of the course through a placement shadowing a qualified NCT Practitioner.
- It is the only university-accredited qualification in parenting education.
- Access is by pre-existing qualifications, see our entry requirements.
If you have any questions about training with us, contact us through our online course enquiry form or call our friendly admissions team on 0208 752 2453.