Our ever popular Nearly New Sale is back!
Our next sale will be held on Sunday 15th October 2023 at Brentwood School Sports Centre, Middleton Hall Lane, Brentwood, Essex, CM15 8EE.
Registration for sellers and volunteers is now OPEN!
Points to note for this sale:
- The number of items each seller can sell will limited to 110 items (30 clothing, 80 non-clothing).
- There will be a £5 refundable deposit payable by each seller (in addition to the seller's registration fee). This will be refunded after the sale to all sellers who bring items to sell at the sale (& sign in with the Sellers Coordinator) - no-shows will not receive their deposit back.
- Clothes are back for this sale. Shoes can also be sold. We suggest selling seasonal items.
- All items for sale must be dropped at the hall on Saturday evening between 6.00pm and 7.00pm – no items can be accepted on Sunday morning before the sale.
- Seller packs will be sent out by email to help us reduce our impact on the environment. Sellers will print their own labels.
How our sales work
For those of you who haven’t sold at our sales before, or a reminder for those of you who have, selling at the sale on Sunday 15th October will work like this:
- Register as a seller – seller registration will open in January. A modest registration fee and a refundable deposit are payable to reserve your seller place. Places will sell quickly so don't miss out.
- You will receive a sellers pack by email by end of August /September – this will include your seller number, full details of the sale, labels for you to print out and the Nearly New Sale Principles.
- Label up your items before the sale, including your seller number, the price that you want for the item and short description. Please put them into large boxes with your seller number marked clearly on them.
- Drop your items off at the hall on Saturday 14th October 2023 between 6:00pm and 7:00pm – please be patient with us as we may have to restrict how many people are in the hall at any time so there may be a queue. Volunteers will then put your items out in the appropriate area of the hall, ready for the sale.
- The sale will be held Sunday 15th October 2023 at Brentwood School Sports Centre, Middleton Hall Lane, Brentwood CM15 8EE. The doors will open to registered NCT members at 10:00am and from 10:30am for non-members. The sale will close at 12:00pm. Our sale is very popular, so queues form ready for the doors to open - don't be late.
- Any unsold items are packed back into your boxes for each seller, ready for collection after the sale between 1:30pm and 2:00pm.
- The labels for your sold items will be counted up and your sales proceeds calculated. These will be paid (after deduction of the sales commission) to your bank account, normally within 2 weeks of the sale.
- The labels from your sold items will be sent back to you by post after the sale - you will need to provide a stamped addressed envelope. You will not be able to collect these from the hall after the sale, as has been the case in previous years.
- The sellers commission is currently 25% of the price paid for the item. This goes to the NCT charity.
- Sellers who also volunteer to help at the sale may be eligible for a discount to the commission (depending on the slots they volunteer for), reducing it to 20%. You can register to volunteer when registration opens in January, but places will be limited so sign up quickly.
If you have any further queries, please email us at NNS.email@example.com, so we can help you.