Here is your ticket to bargains with added feel-good factor
NCT Harrow's Nearly New Sales are not only the BIGGEST in the borough, but they are also the easiest as they are volunteer run - which makes them much easier for both customers and sellers as we display everything together, so no need for haggling with every stall holder!
Thank you so much to all the volunteers, sellers and buyers who made our November sale such a brilliant success.
Exact date tbc
Kenton Evangelical Church Hall, Charlton Road, HA3 9HP
As we help parents to earn thousands of pounds, the sales are also the lifeblood of our branch. Without our Nearly New Sales, there would be no Harrow NCT! So come along, buy, sell and know that you are doing something great for Harrow.
- Admission £1 for adults
- priority queue for NCT members showing a valid membership card.
- There is parking in the roads around the venue, or bus 183 stops at the end of the road.
- We do not have space for buggies inside the venue - there will be an attended buggy park outside.
- There will also be a cake sale!
Would you like to support our branch and make some money too?
If you would like to sell good quality baby and pre school items at our next sale, spaces are allocated on a first come first served basis. So why not join in the fun and make some money whilst supporting local families?
Email us to register your interest in selling at our next sale!
(Not sold before? Don't forget to read all the information at the bottom of this page about how it works!)
The biggest bargains are at the pre-sale shop - only available to volunteers.
Volunteering at the sale is really good fun, and you also benefit from a bit of pre-sale shopping. If you would like to volunteer, please email our volunteer co-ordinator.
We always need volunteers and the sessions are: 10am-12.30pm set up, 12.50-5pm sale and clear up, or all day 10am-5pm with a break for lunch.
We also need volunteers to bake cakes!
More information for sellers
First off, thank you for getting involved in the sale - it's a great help to parents and will raise money for the NCT - our local Harrow branch and the national charity.
Second - please note - this sale is for baby, toddler and preschool things only. We will also be checking the quality of the items extremely carefully to make sure that we really are a 'nearly new' sale! NEW! This sale will also have Brand New section, making it easier for buyers to locate new items.
Our sale is a ticket sale not a table top sale so you will not be selling your items yourself, they will all be displayed together by volunteers. This is great as you don't need to worry about dealing with money or haggling with buyers yourself, and buyers find it helpful as we can group all things on sale into categories (e.g. sizes of clothes).
- Seller places are allocated in order of application. You will need to complete a registration form and pay a £5 non-refundable registration fee. The registration fee is not a deposit and you will not get it back. It is used to cover the cost of the tickets, envelopes, printing, postage and publicity for the sale
- Once you register you will be sent a pack containing a label for your box and 80 tickets for your items. You will need to label each item with your seller number, the item description (e.g. 'pink jumper'), size and price (which you decide) - it's the same information on the top and bottom of the ticket (do not tear the tickets apart). The labels should be attached to items with safety pins or string- please avoid using sellotape unless absolutely necessary. (These two-part tickets are how we keep track of what has been sold)
- All your labelled items need to be dropped off at the venue on the day of the sale between 10.00-10.45 in a box labelled with your seller number and in additional boxes and bags. If you need your bags and boxes back at the end of the sale please make sure they are clearly labelled with your seller number.
- Our volunteers will display your items for sale. After the sale our volunteers will pack unsold items away.
- You will need to collect your unsold items between 4.15-4.45.
- Please remember to check the lost items table before you leave.
- Although every care will be taken with the security of your sale goods, the NCT cannot accept responsibility for labels that become detached and lost, or for lost and damaged items. All items are left at the owner’s risk. We cannot compensate you for lost, stolen or damaged items.
- You will receive 70% of the sale price of your items, with the remaining 30% going to the NCT.
- You don't need to be a NCT member to be a seller (but we'd love it if you did join our branch!).