Emma is a qualified NCT doula.
Would you like Emma to be your doula?
Email: email@example.com or call 07957606646.
Emma lives in Sidcup with her husband and 3 children. Emma is a positive person with a great sense of humour, she is friendly, warm, reliable, empathetic and an assertive doula who loves supporting women and birthing people and their families. Emma is able to support birthing people within SE London and around Kent within 30 minutes drive from Sidcup. Emma has good connections with maternity units within the local area.
Emma has been working as a postnatal doula for over a year offering support to families during the 4th trimester, which is the 4 weeks post birth.
Emma will support you and your family for the duration of your labour and birth in whichever way you would like her to.
Emma offers emotional, physical, practical and informational support to women and birthing people along with their partners in having a positive birth experience. She creates a safe space for birthing people to relax and feel comfortable throughout their labour
Preparation both antenatally and postnatally can be extremely beneficial for a positive postnatal experience during your 4th trimester.
- NCT - Realising the role of the birth Doula
- NCT - Dimensions of the role of the birth Doula
- Attended the Younique Postnatal Doula Preparation Course in November 2021
- Attended a Daisy First Aid – Paediatric First Aid course in January 2022
- Attended a Food Hygiene – Level 2 course in January 2022
- Attended a Younique Postnatal Intuitive Breast and Body feeding course in February 2022
- Attended a Younique Postnatal Planning Workshop in February 2022
- Attended a Lullaby Trust SIDS and Safer Sleep for Babies training in May 2022
- Attended a Younique Postnatal Understanding Newborns course in November 2022
- Attended a Younique Postnatal Twins and more workshop course in November 2022
- DBS checked
Copies of certificates available upon request.
Emma will provide support by:
- An introductory meeting
- 2 antenatal visits
- Being available by phone, text and or email in between meetings
- Being on call for two weeks before your estimated due date and up until the baby arrives
- Staying with you during labour and after the birth to ensure you and your new family are settled
- Providing WhatsApp support in the important early days
- Meeting with you again within 6 weeks of the birth so we can reflect on your birth together