We’re living through extraordinary times at the moment, but we’re committed to giving you reliable information and support when you need it
We understand that these are worrying and difficult times for all of us. For expectant and new parents especially, the pandemic has thrown up particular challenges.
But our services are continuing to operate under Covid, to help and support all parents at the beginning of their journey.
If you'd like to find out more about how NCT services are operating under Covid-19, see here. For NCT support available to you at the moment, including Walk and Talk groups, see here. To read articles about being a parent during the Covid pandemic, including information on the Covid-19 vaccine if you're pregnant or breastfeeding, see here.
You might find it useful to watch this NHS video about your care during your pregnancy and labour:
How will coronavirus affect my pregnancy?
- For any questions about whether coronavirus might affect your pregnancy, see our FAQs here.
- If you’re feeling anxious about coronavirus, see here for ideas on how to stay positive.
- If you’re self-isolating and pregnant, here are some tips for coping and for staying fit and healthy.
- Visit our section on pregnancy and coronavirus for more information.
- If you’re pregnant and from a black, Asian or minority ethnic background, read our article to find out how to stay informed, safe and supported during the pandemic.
Will my birth and labour be different because of coronavirus?
- If you’re worried about whether coronavirus might affect your plans for labour and birth, see our FAQs here.
- Visit our section on birth and coronavirus for more information.
- Find out how coronavirus can affect plans for birth including guidance for birth partners.
We’re still here for you with local NCT Antenatal courses & NCT Walk and Talk groups
In these challenging times, we understand just how important it is for you to feel supported and connected to local parents, now more than ever.
Interactive, engaging and social, our NCT Antenatal course is a great way for you to meet other local parents, and get essential unbiased information and knowledge about pregnancy, birth and early days with your baby.
If you haven't booked a course with us yet, find out more about NCT Antenatal courses near you today.
Thanks to our amazing network of volunteers, we're running NCT Walk and Talk groups across the country. Find out if there's one in your area.
How will coronavirus affect my baby?
We answer some of your most pressing questions on COVID-19 life with a newborn in our FAQ here.
Can I still breastfeed or formula feed my baby?
- For more information about breastfeeding and coronavirus, see our FAQs here.
- If you’re using formula, we cover lots of useful information here.
- For ideas on what to cook your baby if you’re in self-isolation, see our article baby meal ideas from the cupboard
How can I stay healthy?
- If you’re self-isolating with your baby, here’s how to make the best of it.
- Here are some tips on how to look after your baby if you’re feeling unwell.
How can I keep in touch with friends and family?
- For tips on keeping you and your children in touch with their grandparents, see here.
- For ideas on using the top tech and apps to keep in touch with friends and family, see here.
We have lots more information in our section on your baby and coronavirus.
How will coronavirus affect me as a parent?
How can I work from home with my baby and partner?
- See here for tips on how to juggle working from home and looking after children with your partner.
- Here are some tips for working from home with a baby.
How can I stay healthy with my baby?
- Struggling to get your toddler to clean their hands? Here are some tips.
- If you’re stuck inside self-isolating with your baby, here’s how to stay fit and healthy.
How can I make friends and socialise with other parents near me?
Many of our NCT branches are running online groups and activities for parents. Some branches are also now offering outdoor social Walk and Talk groups. These operate under specific government guidance for charities running support groups for new parents.
Visit our local activities and meet-ups page and enter your postcode to search for your local NCT group. You can then contact your closest branch to see what's happening in your area.
Read more about being a parent and coronavirus here.
Read the NHS stay at home advice.
The NHS website has up-to-date information on coronavirus and how to reduce the possible spread of infection.
The Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, Royal College of Midwives and Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health have produced information on coronavirus for pregnant women and their families.
The RCM has produced this helpful FAQ with advice and information on different aspects of pregnancy and birth for women and their families.
Maternity Action has this handy FAQ: Covid-19 – rights and benefits during pregnancy and maternity leave.
The Department of Health and Social Care website is being updated daily with guidance and what the government is doing about the virus.
Our support line offers practical and emotional support with feeding your baby and general enquiries for parents, members and volunteers: 0300 330 0700.
For more information about coronavirus in various languages see here.