Cindy is currently a student NCT doula. An important part of training for this role is that Cindy is required to support a woman or couple through birth with the support of the NCT doula tutors. Your baby needs to be due between mid - February and mid-April 2022 for you to be able to consider asking Cindy to be your birth doula. The fee for Cindy to support you has been appropriately set to recognise the fact that she is a student.
Would you like Cindy to be your doula?
Email Cindydesegrais@yahoo.co.uk or call 07921916080
Cindy lives in Whyteleafe Surrey with her husband and two children ages 8 and 3. She comes from a big family and loves children. Besides being an NCT Doula student, Cindy is also studying to become an NCT Antenatal Practitioner and a Baby massage Practitioner.
Cindy has always worked in the office until having her children where she then discovered her real passion for the subject of birth. Cindy enjoys nature and the sunshine, movies and eating food. Cindy loves connecting with people and is bubbly, down to earth and is a great listener.
She has a can-do attitude and will help to make sure that your needs are taken care of. Her strength is her interpersonal skills and her love for people, if she can help, she will find a way to do so!
Cindy would like to offer her skills and knowledge to parents using a person-centered approach, empowering them to make informed decisions and feel supported on their journey to parenthood. It is Cindy's mission to support birthing mothers and partners towards a positive birthing experience and is she is an advocate for informed decision making and evidence-based information.
She will help create a safe space for mothers to let go of their inhibitions allowing them to focus on themselves and their baby. Cindy offers to support your birth with breathing techniques, massage and positive visualisation helping to create your perfect birthing environment with your guidance and get the oxytocin flowing! Cindy will make sure that your voice is heard along with supporting partners with their needs and will include them every step of the way.
Cindy can support a birthing mother for a home birth, water birth, midwife-led unit (MLU) and in hospital, including caesareans.
The areas that Cindy covers are Whyteleafe, Kenley, Caterham, Coulsdon, Oxted, Woldingham, Chaldon, Hamsey Green, Warlingham, Westerham, Selsdon, Purley, Wallington, Sutton, Banstead. Please do get in touch as she also covers some areas a little further out.
- NCT Baby massage student
- NCT Antenatal Student
- NCT Yoga foundation Student
- Completed Level 4 of NCT Birth and Beyond Degree (2021)
Cindy will provide support by:
- Meeting you two or three times before your due date, to go through any questions or worries you may have and begin to build a relationship with you.
- Working with you to write a Birth Plan, discuss your birth preferences, talk over any concerns, and explore your birth options.
- Discussing what you may like during each stage of your labour.
- Being on call for you from two weeks before your due date.
- Staying with you for the duration of your birth and helping you to settle afterwards.
- Offering support with feeding your baby.
- Meeting with you a few weeks after to talk things through and offer help with settling into parenthood.
- Signposting you to support groups and helpful evidence-based information.