Claire is currently a student NCT doula. An important part of training for this role is that Claire is required to support a woman or couple through birth with the support of the NCT doula tutors. The fee for Claire to support you has been appropriately set to recognise the fact that she is a student.
Would you like Claire to be your doula?
Claire currently lives in Chorley, Lancashire with her husband and children and her extended family – it's not her house unless 25 other people are in it! Family is everything to Claire and she would love the opportunity to help, empower and support you as you build and grow your new /additional family. Claire can cover the areas of Chorley, Bolton and Preston (although happy to chat if a little further and can see what can be worked out).
Claire is happy natured, quiet, calm and a good listener. She is non-judgemental and will have a gentle attitude whilst advocating for you and with you and your family (whatever that looks like).
Having personally supported women throughout pregnancy and during labour as a student midwife many years ago, she is excited to pick up the reigns again to be there every step you need her to be on this special journey you're on, wherever you choose to birth.
Claire can help with positions and movement during labour and also with relaxation techniques. All along the way she will keep you informed and feeling included in your birth journey. Above everything she will believe and support you in your innate ability to birth your baby. Claire will be by your side from plan A through to possible plan Z, however the journey gets you there.
Claire is happy to fulfil whatever role is needed to work with you and your partner or she can be your birth partner – whatever works best or however best fits.
- Claire has completed the NCT access to training course and the first year of the foundation degree in Birth and Beyond at The University of Worcester. She is currently in the second year of the foundation degree and studying to qualify in the following specialisms:
- Antenatal practitioner
- New baby, New family practitioner
- Birth Doula
Claire will provide support by:
- A no obligation introduction meeting to get to know each other and see if she is the right doula for you
- 2 antenatal visits
- Supporting via phone, text, email throughout pregnancy and up to 6 weeks after birth
- On call access from 38 weeks until your baby is born
- Being with you during labour and for a few hours after until you and baby feel settled. Claire can support with feeding your baby (whatever feeding journey you decide to take)
- Postnatal visit within first 6 weeks