Debbie is currently a student NCT doula. Debbie lives in Hertfordshire with her husband and three children and would be happy to support women and their families in Hertfordshire, North London, Northwest London and Middlesex.
Would you like Debbie to be your doula?
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07958 156014.
As well as being a student doula, Debbie is a fully qualified Antenatal Practitioner. This enables her to support and empower women and their families to make the right decisions for them throughout pregnancy and birth. Debbie can help you write a ‘birth preference plan’ and can support you in all birth settings (home, hospital, birth centre). She believes feeling listened to, respected and supported can make all the difference with your birth satisfaction however you have your baby.
Debbie offers emotional, physical and spiritual support to mothers and partners in having a positive birth experience. She creates a safe and sacred space for mothers to let go of their inhibitions and open themselves up to the soulful beauty of bringing new life into the world. By using a variety of breathing techniques, visualisations, affirmations, massage and labour and birth positions that are right for you, Debbie aims to optimise your relaxation and comfort throughout labour and birth. Debbie works with partners to be a calm and positive presence by promoting intimacy and connection between you both.
Debbie will ‘hold’ you emotionally providing the postnatal support you require as you embark on your incredible journey and rebirth as parents. Debbie is reliable, friendly, warm, empathetic and an assertive doula who loves supporting women and their families.
An important part of training for this role is that Debbie is required to support a woman or couple through birth with the support of the NCT doula tutors. Your baby needs to be due between the end of February and mid-April 2021 for you to be able to consider asking Debbie to be your birth doula. The fee for Debbie to support you has been appropriately set to recognise the fact that she is a student.
- Debbie is a Qualified NCT Antenatal Practitioner
- NCT Sheila Kitzinger Award Winner (for best understanding of woman-centred care and birth practices, taking into account the wide range of cultures across the UK)
- Debbie is studying the NCT and University of Worcester Birth and Beyond Foundation Degree to complete her doula Training as well as the Postnatal module - ‘New Baby, New Family’.
- Debbie runs ‘Bumps and Babies’ groups in Barnet and Borehamwood as a volunteer.
Debbie will provide support by:
- 1 x introductory meeting
- 2 x antenatal visits
- Being available by phone, text and or email in between meetings.
- Being on call for up to 4 weeks around your estimated due date.
- Staying with you throughout your labour and after the birth to ensure you and your new family are settled.
- Providing telephone support in the important early days.
- Meeting with you again within six weeks of the birth so we can reflect on your birth together.