Deborah is an NCT Birth Doula, an Antenatal Practitioner and mum to four teenage sons.
She has a wealth of experience supporting women during pregnancy, labour & birth and has been delivering antenatal support programmes across Gloucestershire for the last 7 years. Her love of working with parents through pregnancy naturally led Debs to want to be able to extend that support during labour and beyond. She considers it a huge privilege to be able to support women and their partners through such a huge moment in their lives.
Debs runs a weekly Pregnancy Cafe in her home town of Tewkesbury and offers a “Birthy Book Borrow” where you can access her extensive collection of pregnancy, birth & parenting books.
Would you like Deborah to be your doula?
As your doula Deborah will support you through your pregnancy arranging to meet with you regularly so you can get to know each other and ensure you feel comfortable in each other's company. She will always be at the end of the phone to answer any questions or queries, offer reassurance and be your emotional support whenever you need.
During labour she will stay by your side ensuring you feel supported in whatever environment you choose to birth your baby, providing massage, relaxation, encouraging movement and comfortable positions for labour or just being there for you, holding the space for you to feel safe and cared for. Debs will be there to ease the emotional experience of birth and focus on your needs and wishes, making sure you feel listened to and empowered to make the choices that are right for you.
Whoever is there for you, Deborah will be there for them too. She is not there to take the place of your birthing partner (if you have one), but to support, encourage and enhance the birthing experience for you both.
Deborah is able to support parents in Tewkesbury, Cheltenham, Gloucester, the Forest of Dean, Worcester, Evesham and surrounding areas.
Qualifications and ongoing Professional Development
- NCT Birth & Beyond Cert HE - Antenatal Facilitation, University of Worcester (2016)
- 4 years’ experience creating and providing antenatal programmes and pregnancy group support for a charity that supports families throughout the UK
- Emergency Paediatric First Aid - level 3 (2018)
- Newborn Behavioural Observations System training - Brazelton (2019)
- Birth & Beyond Foundation Degree, University of Worcester 'Antenatal Educator & New Baby, New Family' (2021)
- NCT Birth Doula training, University of Worcester (2021)
- Fully qualified and registered NCT Birth Doula - Licence to Practise (2021 onwards)
- Younique Postnatal Doula Training (2021)
- Massage for Maternity (2022)
- Optimal Birth - Biomechanics in-person workshop (2022)
Deborah will provide support by:
- Offering an initial no obligation meeting so you can decide if she is the right doula to support you.
- Arranging to meet with you at least twice before the birth of your baby so you can spend time getting to know each other.
- Being available by text, phone or email whenever you need her at any time during your pregnancy.
- Being on call 24/7, fourteen days before your due date and until your baby is born.
- Staying with you throughout your labour and gently supporting those first couple of hours after birth.
- Providing a postnatal visit, giving you the opportunity to talk through your birth experience and discuss any other support you may need.
“Having Debs doula for us was one of the best decisions I made as part of preparation for the birth of my son.
We met with her regularly through the third trimester, and her experience as an antenatal teacher helped us with making informed choices and with preparing to be parents. She visited us at home which was ideal as we could relax and bond, and her responsiveness to our messages and calls between visits was faultless. Any wobbles or concerns I had, she listened without judgement and we could calmly talk things through.
I birthed my son at home in the early hours of Christmas Day, we were so grateful that she would go above and beyond for us at such an inconvenient time! It was like having an intimate friend supporting both my husband and I, and witnessing the most vulnerable yet empowering experience of our lives so far.
I wouldn't hesitate in recommending Debs for someone interested in having a doula - down to earth, compassionate and highly experienced, our birth wouldn't have been the same without her.”
“Booking Debs was honestly the best decision. Such a kind, genuine and professional woman whose support was invaluable. She worked really hard to forge a meaningful connection in the months of my pregnancy and always had time and interest to discuss what was important to me and how she could support. I really drew on her support in the final weeks and days.
Without her I wouldn't have gone to hospital in time and when my son was born in the hospital car park she was reassuring and ready to catch!! She struck the right mix of being there and giving space and distance after the birth. What a skill!
With a real passion for supporting women's choices and enabling birth in the way that is right for you, Debs is the ideal doula.
You're fantastic Debs, thank you!”