Elia is currently a student NCT doula. An important part of training for this role is that Elia is required to support a woman or couple through birth with the support of the NCT doula tutors. The fee for Elia to support you has been appropriately set to recognise the fact that she is a student.
Would you like Elia to be your doula?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07858 605566.
Elia is an NCT Breastfeeding Counsellor with two children based in West London and is moving into doula practice. Having given birth at two different London hospitals (once in a labour ward and once in a midwife-led unit) and experienced varying levels of support throughout pregnancy, birth, and the postnatal period, she is keen to provide a bespoke service to expectant parents looking for a friendly and nurturing extra pair of hands. Having moved to the UK from Spain 11 years ago, she also knows what it is like to navigate a new healthcare system and the type of questions that can arise from cultural differences.
Due to living in a well-connected area, Elia can cover various hospitals within a one-hour radius of Shepherd’s Bush, including Queen Charlotte’s and Chelsea, Chelsea and Westminster, UCLH and the Royal Free. She is also happy to support parents in a variety of birth environments, including home births, birth centres, and caesarean births.
As part of her doula services, Elia offers continuous support throughout labour. This support can be physical, such as utilizing various breathing techniques, suggesting suitable positions for different stages and types of labour and/or offering massage, as well as emotional, by protecting the birth space and holding space for parents to process the life-changing event that the birth of their child is.
Elia prides herself in being a warm and approachable person who brings an evidence-based approach to working with expectant and new parents. She believes that developing the relationship between doula, birthing parent and partner (should there be one) through antenatal meetings is crucial to working as a team during labour and birth. She is also happy to use her experience and knowledge as a breastfeeding counsellor to discuss and help with infant feeding both antenatally and in the early postnatal period.
As a doula, Elia aims to be inclusive and provide a safe space for anyone embarking into parenthood, and is happy to work with parents from various cultural and religious backgrounds, as well as LGBTQIA+ and differently-abled parents.
- NCT Breastfeeding Counsellor
- NCT Postnatal Practitioner (2022-2023)
Elia will provide support by:
- Offering three antenatal meetings to get to know each other and discuss your hopes and/or concerns for labour and birth, as well as any practical aspects, such as any issues that have arisen during pregnancy, that you would like your doula to be aware of.
- Being available through email, text, and WhatsApp from booking onwards.
- Being on call for up to four weeks around your due date.
- Offering one postnatal in-person meeting to provide extra support during the first few days of your baby’s life. This can include reflecting on your birth and exploring some aspects of your labour and/or birth experience as well as answering any questions that may have arisen postnatally and signposting to appropriate services or support.