Ellen is a qualified NCT Doula.
Would you like Ellen to be your doula?
Email: email@example.com or call 07825585177.
Ellen lives with her husband and two boys in the South Wales area, near Caerphilly. She currently supports women and their partners during pregnancy by delivering antenatal courses and is happy to travel up to 45 minutes into the surrounding areas.
Ellen works with parents antenatally as an NCT practitioner as well as currently training to run pregnancy yoga classes. Her work also extends into the postnatal period with her being trained through the International Association of Infant Massage as well as undergoing further training with the NCT to become a postnatal practitioner.
Before starting her training with the NCT, Ellen worked with the National Foster Agency helping many families through difficult situations and circumstances, undergoing continuous training within the agency including safeguarding, managing disruptions, infant first aid and attachment and bonding. Because of her experience working with many different types of family units she is non-judgmental and fully supports others in making choices that are right for their family.
Ellen then took some time away to have her own family, with her second son being born at the very start of the coronavirus pandemic. Through this she has an extreme sympathy and understanding for others who are also are birthing at this difficult time and feels that doulas are a way to support you as well as your birth partner to be able to enhance the birthing experience for you both.
Ellen truly believes that when a woman receives continuity of emotional and physical support and care throughout pregnancy, birth and into the fourth trimester they are more likely to come away feeling like they have had a positive experience. Ellen is happy to meet with you (and your birthing partner) to listen and talk about your birth plans, provide informed, non-judgemental knowledge and act as an advocate if needed. Ellen would also be happy to support with providing physical relaxations, breathing techniques or massage during your labour and birth.
Ellen will be happy to support you in any chosen birthplace whether that be at home, in a birthing centre or a hospital and to be there with you through a vaginal birth or a caesarean birth. She will also be there to support you through your feeding choices and can signpost you to further information and resources if needed.
As your doula, Ellen would be there from pregnancy, through birth and beyond to help ease the emotional transition into parenthood for your new family, ensuring you always feel heard and focused on to be empowered to have the experience you wish.
- Certificate of Higher Education and NCT Antenatal Practitioner (2022)
- International Assocation of Infant Massage Accredited (2021)
- NCT Foundations of Yoga and Pregnancy Yoga (2022-23)
- NCT Postnatal Practitioner (2022-23)
- 5 years working within the National Fostering Agency (2014-2019)
Ellen will provide support by:
- Offering and organising an initial introductory meeting so you can get to know her and decide if she is the right Doula for your family. There would be obligation to proceed.
- Two meetings before the birth of your baby to get to know each other. She will also use this time to explore and answer and questions you may have, as well as help you feel prepared for your birth. This will also help her understand your choices and how you would like to be supported throughout your labour, birth, and first few hours with your baby.
- Being available to contact via phone, text, or email during your pregnancy.
- Being on call 24/7 from 38 weeks until you have your baby.
- Staying with you and your baby for an agreed upon time after birth (2-4hrs).
- Being available via phone, text, or email after your birth for support and signposting.
- Providing one postnatal visit (within 6 weeks), giving you and your partner the opportunity to reflect and discuss your birth experience and explore any further support you may require.
During classes Ellen was “calm and inviting” with a “gentle voice and a good way of explaining” things. Ellen was “always really reassuring and helpful”, and she is “friendly and easy to have a conversation with”.
(Taken from IAIM evaluation forms, 2021)