Emma is a fully qualified NCT birth doula in the Surrey, South West London and Sussex areas.
Would you like Emma to be your doula?
Emma lives in Surrey with her husband and their two children and would be happy to support women and their families in Surrey, South West London and Sussex.
Emma is a fully qualified Doula, Postnatal Practitioner and Breastfeeding Counsellor. This enables her to support and empower women and their families to make the right decisions for them.
The voice women have about what happens to their bodies and how they birth their babies is a powerful one and Emma believes this a voice that deserves to be heard. The support that a woman receives that will enable her to receive the birth she wants is incredibly important.
Emma will empower you and your family with information that will enable you to make the right decisions for your pregnancy, she will support you throughout labour and birth and can be there for added support in the postnatal period with feeding and settling in with your new baby. Emma will be there for both of you, supporting you and your birth partner enabling you both to have the birth and post-natal experience that you want and need. Her training supported by her own personal experiences enables her to offer truly comprehensive support, friendship and experience.
- Emma has completed the NCT and University of Worcester Birth and Beyond degree seeing her fully qualified as a NCT Doula, Postnatal Practitioner and Breastfeeding Counsellor.
- Emma is an NHS trained Breastfeeding Peer Supporter and has worked in the postnatal ward of a hospital, at a tongue tie clinic and at local private drop in.
Emma will provide support by:
- Meeting with you and your birth partner (if you have one) in person two or three times before the birth to get to know you, discuss your birth preferences and any concerns, explore your options and support and empower you to make the right decisions for you and your family.
- Be available to discuss and explore breathing techniques, massage and different birthing and labour positions which may aid your labour and birth.
- Be available by phone, text and or email in between meetings.
- Be on call for up to 4 weeks around your estimated due date.
- Stay with you throughout your labour and after the birth to ensure you and your new family are settled.
- Visit you in the important early days with any help you may need to establish feeding.
- Meet with you again, whenever you wish should you wish to talk through your birth and to support you in the postnatal period.
Feedback from some of Emma’s antenatal class clients:
“Emma was an amazing support to me, in my pregnancy, on “the big day”, and my early days of parenthood! She is so calm, so confident that it made me feel so prepared and ready. I was excited for my birth! Throughout labour Emma was by my side, she was there to answer for me when I was so in the zone that I wasn’t able to speak to others. She held me as I birthed my son and gave me strength.”
-Alison, parent of Nolan
My pregnancy changed right from my very first meeting with Emma. She instantly helped reduce my anxiety regarding labour and helped my husband feel more involved by working with both of us. With Emma's extensive knowledge and resources we were guided into making informed decisions which helped me to experience the kind of birth that I wanted. Even when a few things in my late pregnancy seemed to knock things off course, Emma was there to offer support, information and continuity of care that allowed me to regain control of the pregnancy and enjoy a positive birth experience. As for the big day, I will be forever grateful to Emma for the physical and emotional support that she gave to me, my husband and our son. From my point of view, it felt like she never left my side and experienced each contraction with me. I felt fully supported and the moment my son came into the world was joyful and calm. Behind the scenes I know that she acted as a wonderful advocate for us which was especially helpful when there were changes in staff. I honestly don't know how we would have done it without Emma- highly recommend. See you for baby number two.
-Nicole and JH, Parent of Arthur